Need new OCI stamp every time new US passport is renewed?

usa2010

Registered Users (C)
Once I have OCI stamp in my US passport do I have to get new OCI stamp when I renew US passport? Or is it ok if I travel with old/expired US passport which has OCI stamp along with new valid US passport without OCI stamp?

Thanks.

A new stamp is not necessary - one can travel with expired passport with OCI stamp and a current passport.

USA2010,
Just to add a little more to NKM's feedback....
For minors, upto age 20 (Twenty), the OCI MUST BE TRANSFERRED to the new US PP everytime they get a new US PP. As minors are only granted 5 year US PPs, the most you would do this is 4 times....

Between age 20 and 50, you can travel without transferring the OCI to the new US PP. This will be true when the 10 year PPs expire we get a new US PP. But it is best to carry the Old Passport(s) + New Passport + OCI booklet in such cases.

When a new US PP is received after 50, the OCI has to be transferred to the new US PP.

Transferring to the new US PP can be done by the OCI miscellaneous services application process. For DC, the link is http://www.indianembassy.org/oci-miscellaneous-services.php.

Good luck

I had applied for transfer of OCI for my daughter in Aug 1st week. But we had to travel to India 2 times. On both occasions, the old US passport with OCI U-visa, OCI card, new US Passport were accepted by the authorities without any issues. This was at Mumbai airport. BTW, the OCI transfer is still in process.

How do I go about putting an OCI stamp on my US passport? Could you let me know the procedure?

thanks
amisha

How do I go about putting an OCI stamp on my US passport? Could you let me know the procedure?

thanks
amisha

Is it for you or children????. For those above 20 years no need to put OCI stamp in new passport. BUT YOU HAVE TO CARRY OLD US PP WITH OCI STAMP with you. You will not be allowed to enter India with OCI card alone. Stamped passport is a must. For children every time you renew PP a new sticker is necessary. Please see Misc Services-OCI in the consulate website.