Need Help!!! Visa expired, OPT will expire soon, plan to renewal F1 visa....

Anlan

Hi,

Thank you for reviewing my post. I will really appreciate any suggestion you would give!

My situation is: My F1 visa expired. I am currently using my OPT work in U.S. and it will expire in three months, which is September, 2015. I applied the H1B, got the receipt, but didn't receive final approval file yet. I have some family emergencies need to deal with, so I decided to visit China, for two weeks, in July. I need to renew my F1 visa for coming back.

So my first question is: do I need to pay SEVIS fee again for my F1 visa renew? I can't find answer on the official website.

My second question is: Do I need to tell the consulate that my H1B application process? I read some posts saying that don't voluntarily offer the information while interviewing with the consulate. My situation is my F1 - OPT will expire in next three months, I think it is very easy for consulate suspect me, since F1 visa suppose give someone who is study in U.S. and will leave U.S. immediately after the study completed... So is it good to voluntarily tell consulate about my H1B information, to approve that I came to U.S. is because of work?

*by the way, for the reader who confusing why don't I apply H1B visa directly. First of all, I don't know whether I could get the final approval file before my trip date. Secondly, H1B visa only allows people entering U.S. after Sep 21. My company won't allow me leaving for such a long time.

Thank you for your suggestions~!

For the first question, the answer is no. The SEVIS fee is paid only once, at least in my experience.

I wouldn't tell them about my H1-B unless asked.