• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need help on I-90 application (Replacement of GC)

b6501119

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I need your help before filing an I-90 application.

On August 7, 2014, and my wife's greed card had been produced and mailed.

On August 11, 2014, the card was undeliverable as addressed and being returned.

On September 15, 2014, I called USCIS to follow-up, and the immigrant officer said that they have not yet received the returned green card. The officer suggested that I could either keep waiting or filing an I-90 application immediately, since it would take 8 to 9 months to receive the replacement GC. (Before I called USCIS, I contacted USPS, and the local post office responded that the mail was on longer in their facility.)

I looked the I-90 instruction, and I can get $450 fee waived only when the card was issued but never received, and must meet these criteria: (1) USCIS mailed the card over 30 days ago (2) It was returned to USCIS as undeliverable (3) You have not moved from the address you provided us.

We did file a Change of Address and received confirmation from USCIS by mail on August 7, 2014.
Nevertheless it seemed to me that my wife's green card may have been lost during the return to USCIS.

Therefore I am wondering if I qualify for fee waiver for this I-90 application.

Or should I keep waiting to see if the missing GC will showup ?

Thanks.