Need help missed oath letter and moving

dani5050

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys as some of you may know I have been waiting for more than 2 years for my oath ceremony letter. I called USCIS yesterday and finally could speak to what I think was an IO, to my surprise she said that they sent me in june 2008 a letters saying my oath was on August 2008, I didn't received it because they had the wrong address my apartment number changed more than a year ago, I notified them and thought that they did changed it. Looks like the didn't but, I can confirm that they indeed had my address because on June 2008 they sent me a 2nd FP notice, so somehow they have my " new" address.
Well this IO told me I missed my oath ceremony and I also missed a letter they sent on September 2008 asking why I didn't went to the ceremony. She advised me to write my immigration office and tell them to please send me another appointment. I did that yesterday also. (you can imagine my rage after more than 2 years of wait).

My questions are:

How long do you guys think that it will take for them to re-schedule my oath ceremony?
And how will this matter affect me?
What should I do?

Because I need to move from where I live now (after years of waiting because of this letters). They raised my rent and I need a bigger apartment. And need to notify my landlords if I'm staying or not in the next few days.
I need help thank you very very much.

Jan 2006 - Priority Date
Feb 2006 - FP
Jun 2006 - Interview
Jun 2008 - 2nd FP
Oct 2008 - Discovered they have the wrong address

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you do an infopass and straighten this out?
you'll get to talk to a real person, and they might be able give you better/more definite info.

Dani...Oh brother , I feel for you, I know how u must be feeling. But dont worry atleast you found out whats going on and be happy that you got oath letter, even though you missed, you will get another one now. so cheers.
I am in the same situation , interviewed in mid 2006 and 2nd fingerprints were done today, so your case gives me hope that perhaps my oath letter may be coming , InshaAllah.By the way what state are you in?

Keep us posted , and Congrats in advance for being USC in near future.:D

Thank you guys I went to the office where I took my test and they solved everything. I got my oath letter...

Thank you guys I went to the office where I took my test and they solved everything. I got my oath letter...

Dani congrats :

Can you please explain, how you did that? So ppl here can benefit. please.

thanx. and when is your oath, which state are you in?

Hi eddie I'm in Miami, FL and you can go to the office, you tell the security guard that you need to see an IO and the give you a form, and let you in. there they will sit down with you and see what is the problem. In my case they saw the mistake in the apartment number and they schedule me for the next oath that will be the next 18th Oct 18th. Hope this help.