Need help for fill I-864 or i-864A ?

skakadia123

I have question ,I did petition for green card for my parents. Now I need to fill I-864 but my income is low,i use My father in law income for affidavit in same houshold, so which forms I have to fill I-864 or I-864A. if I fill I-864A so which document provide for proof of relation ship.

As the petitioner you are a sponsor and have to fill out an I-864.

I don't think your father-in-law can be your household member unless you claim him as your dependent on your tax return. The I-864 instructions say the only non-dependent relatives living in your residence that you can include are your mother, father, sister, brother or adult children. If he cannot be your household member, then he will have to be a joint sponsor, and fill out his own additional I-864, using only his household's income (not combined with yours).

yes I don't claim him dependent. so I have to fill I-864 ?and one more thing how does min income requirement count . if I use my father in law income . I am intending my parents and 2 of my sister name on file so total 4 people , and my father in law income tax return total 2 people .

so what is min income my father in law need to qualified to sponser I-864.

thanks
As the petitioner you are a sponsor and have to fill out an I-864.

I don't think your father-in-law can be your household member unless you claim him as your dependent on your tax return. The I-864 instructions say the only non-dependent relatives living in your residence that you can include are your mother, father, sister, brother or adult children. If he cannot be your household member, then he will have to be a joint sponsor, and fill out his own additional I-864, using only his household's income (not combined with yours).