need help for BAMS medical graduate

That's what I keep posting.
I have seen BHMS now doing 3 year DDS in UMKC.

So one has to to fulfill all the pre-medicine requirements (irrespective of BHMS or BAMS) if your GPA & MCAT score is below than MD average requirements DO is the best option. If you have GPA above 3.75 and MCAT score above 35(Old Pattern) you would have got in to MD Program.
Now USMLE passed FMG not getting their residency slot due to DO students and colleges keep increasing recently.

Well Done.

Please see my previous post above from 2010

Journey from BAMS India (1999) to Medical School (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine "D.O'") Admission in USA (2015)

Now in April 2015: My story has happy ending.

It was a long way but I was determined to achieve my dream.

I got accepted to study Medicine in United States. The program is Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO). This program is very similar to MD in USA.
DO is fully licensed in US in all 50 states to practice allopathic medicine in addition to holistic and OMT.
To know more about MD vs DO please google , " MD vs DO AAMC"

Please look for MD vs DO pdf AAMC PDF and open it

AAMC conducts MCAT and facilitates MD admission.
AACOMAS facilitates DO applications for admission.

I will be happy to help others as I have succeeded to fulfill my dream to enter in medical school in US.
In my interview in DO school I learnt from the committee that there is one BAMS who has done done MD in US.

Abhuda

I did complete Bachelor degree from University of Georgia in the U.S. (about 142 credits including deficiency courses) BS Biology (2009-2012) GPA is good 3.82 OGPA and 3.82 sGPA with higher level classes and Calculus I and II and calculus based Physics. In addition did lot of volunteer and shadowing in healthcare and hospitals.

On MCAT, I did very well on Physicial Scienses (PS) and Biological Sciences (BS) section but had lower than average score on Verbal (VR) section and that dropped my total MCAT score , otherwise I was going to be competent applicant for MD. VR section is tough for me as I am not much into avid reading of novels and literature and studied class 1-10 in native medium, 11-12 semi English and BAMS in native and Sanskrit language. VR section poses challenge to even native speakers. MCAT is one of the most difficult test as I can think of.

I am very happy with DO as it is combination of holistic and modern/allopathic approach and better suits to Ayurveda Philosophy. I shadowed both MD and DO physicians and there is obvious difference the way they practice.

Also by 2020 the DO and MD residencies are going to be One Match under AGME, because AOA and AGME has already signed agreement (based on my reading). So MDs will have opportunity to match DO residencies (based on my reading). Currently approx. 33% DO match MD residency every year as they need to take only USMLE step 1 to match MD residency, in addition to passing their all COMLEX steps (based on my reading).

Thanks a lot . its really helpful discussion. Information is key here.
I am BAMS from India.
I have following questions ……..
1. Please suggest if WES evaluation is better or CGFNS for pursuing RN program (registered nurse)
2. Is WES evaluation totally useless or its worth doing if I want to go to nursing. Because as per Abhuda, we can have 160 credits from WES after evaluation. Then 160 credits would not help in nursing program ????/ I don’t get it. Please explain
3. Has anyone successfully enrolled into nursing program after WES or any other evaluation ?
4. Is it a better way to do MPH or MBA after WES evaluation ? Does any university accept 160 credits and BAMS degree so you can get admission in USA in MPH or MBA ???
PLS HELP. IT’S urgent
I did complete Bachelor degree from University of Georgia in the U.S. (about 142 credits including deficiency courses) BS Biology (2009-2012) GPA is good 3.82 OGPA and 3.82 sGPA with higher level classes and Calculus I and II and calculus based Physics. In addition did lot of volunteer and shadowing in healthcare and hospitals.

On MCAT, I did very well on Physicial Scienses (PS) and Biological Sciences (BS) section but had lower than average score on Verbal (VR) section and that dropped my total MCAT score , otherwise I was going to be competent applicant for MD. VR section is tough for me as I am not much into avid reading of novels and literature and studied class 1-10 in native medium, 11-12 semi English and BAMS in native and Sanskrit language. VR section poses challenge to even native speakers. MCAT is one of the most difficult test as I can think of.

I am very happy with DO as it is combination of holistic and modern/allopathic approach and better suits to Ayurveda Philosophy. I shadowed both MD and DO physicians and there is obvious difference the way they practice.

Also by 2020 the DO and MD residencies are going to be One Match under AGME, because AOA and AGME has already signed agreement (based on my reading). So MDs will have opportunity to match DO residencies (based on my reading). Currently approx. 33% DO match MD residency every year as they need to take only USMLE step 1 to match MD residency, in addition to passing their all COMLEX steps (based on my reading).

Thanks a lot . its really helpful discussion. Information is key here.
I am BAMS from India.
I have following questions ……..
1. Please suggest if WES evaluation is better or CGFNS for pursuing RN program (registered nurse)
2. Is WES evaluation totally useless or its worth doing if I want to go to nursing. Because as per Abhuda, we can have 160 credits from WES after evaluation. Then 160 credits would not help in nursing program ????/ I don’t get it. Please explain
3. Has anyone successfully enrolled into nursing program after WES or any other evaluation ?
4. Is it a better way to do MPH or MBA after WES evaluation ? Does any university accept 160 credits and BAMS degree so you can get admission in USA in MPH or MBA ???
PLS HELP. IT’S urgent

You can look into Nursing school university website you are interested or call them which evaluation they prefer CGFNS or WES? Then do whatever they suggest.

The problem is BAMS is not based on modern science. It is unlikely that BS Nursing schools will accept BAMS WES evaluated credits to fulfill pre-nursing or premedical or pre-dental requirement. This is what Great guru also posted if you read between lines.

In US if you want to go to MD, DO you need to do premedical courses in US/Canada (North America) to fulfill entrance and MCAT requirements. Even if you have done PhD in India you need to study here premedical courses in US/Canada .

I doubt that BAMS credits will fulfill pre-nursing requirements.

I can say that basically, my BAMS degree was helpful in DO interview, in a way that committee got the point that I was a Ayurvedic Medicine Physician in India.

You will need to go to college here and earn pre-professional school credits, in your case pre-nursing.

You may be able to do MBA (need GMAT or GRE and TOEFL or IELTS scores) or even someone on thread entered in MPH (need GMAT or GRE and TOEFL or IELTS scores) or Health Care administration using BAMS credentials I guess, read old post on this thread.

Hi Abhuda
Thanks for your reply
Based on your response it seems that it's totally worthless to do any WES evaluation becoz even though u can get 160 credits , no university Will accept it. Then why bother
Also , if that's case then it means bachelor degree in bams is worthless so how come u can get admission to mph or mba based on bams which is not valid as such ????

Has Anyone enrolled in nursing school after bams, please reply

Really need true guidance.

Thanks all again

See old post from this blog by texancanadian

.....Your best bet is one of the following options.

1) Use your degree as general Bachelors degree. Try to get admission to course like MBA etc and change careers.

2) Get admitted to an MPH program (Masters in Public Health) and make some use of your medical background.

3) Try to get certified as a Science teacher in your state to teach Biology etc at high school level.

4) Try to get into Nursing school (best option money wise).

What are the oppurtunities for a BAMS graduate in US? If a pg diploma in dietics and nutrition is there ..will it be worth for the practice or job oppurtunities.

That's what I keep posting.
I have seen BHMS now doing 3 year DDS in UMKC.

So one has to to fulfill all the pre-medicine requirements (irrespective of BHMS or BAMS) if your GPA & MCAT score is below than MD average requirements DO is the best option. If you have GPA above 3.75 and MCAT score above 35(Old Pattern) you would have got in to MD Program.
Now USMLE passed FMG not getting their residency slot due to DO students and colleges keep increasing recently.

Well Done.
Hi Abhuda can you please respond back to me at atturujobs@gmail.com I am badly looking for information you reply would be great for me

I am BAMS from India (1999) doing BS in US to try to enter in MD program

I have posted earlier user name Abhuda. I am attending a community college in Georgia- BS Premed major. So far I completed 54 credits ( I took 18 credits/semester) and got all "A" grades except English 1101 and 1102 where I got "B". My GPA is 3.90. I am now doing Anatomy and Phsiology classes in summer - fast track (8 credits, 3+1 each). I finished Calculus I and II as well. I will transfer to UGA in JAn 2010 and complete Org Chem , Physics, Endocrionology, Biochem and Genetics. I want to major in Microbiology. I hope I can finish BS by 2011 end, 120 credits- including summer sessions.

I shall work on MCAT after I complete Org Chem and Physics at UGA.

I want to give a shot for MD program in US and if could not get- will go to Carriabean St Georges/Saba Med School.

By the way I have 2 kids- elder will be 6th grader and younger 1st grader in August 2010.

It is a wonderful experience to attend classes in US in college. The teaching is extraordinary as compared to India. There are very good text books. My teachers are highly impressed by my motivation and grade performance.

Hope it may motivate others.

Abhuda

Hi.....

All BAMS subjects are in Sanskrit language. How WES will take care of the language or do we need to submit any English translated subjects Vs Sanskrit subjects.

Please guide.

Thank you.

Hi Sheetal
To my knowledge WES do not evaluate BAMS, BHMS and naturopathic medicines any more. I have done my WES report long ago 2001 . But how ever I find it difficulty in accepting the credits as Bachelors in USA . Our degree is not considered anywhere in the universities , I tried all sorts of universities. Only Naturopathic Univ may considered which I didnt try.
Basically in USA we have only High school diploma which is discouraging . I am working on my BS biology now to have credits.

Hi everyone i am so glad to join in the group i have completed my BAMS in India and i am doing my masters in Health Services Administration in Mississippi now im very much interested and want to work in clinic area only can anyone suggest me do i have any chance or what are the chances of getting into DO or Nutrition or dietitian or like mental health counselors or any kind of counselors or like that please anyone suggest im so desperate to know i am eagerly waiting for your replies help me out please guys.