• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need help about registering my wife !!!

stefanford1985

The case is as follows:

My wife and I are not officially married, but we live together for three years now and we have two children, a two years old girl and 8-month-old boy.
My question is:
Do I need to specify her as a wife and check "married" or should I mark "unmarried" ?????

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

The case is as follows:

My wife and I are not officially married, but we live together for three years now and we have two children, a two years old girl and 8-month-old boy.
My question is:
Do I need to specify her as a wife and check "married" or should I mark "unmarried" ?????

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot select married since you are not married. You cannot enter her as a derivative on your case (although you can and MUST enter your children). If she meets the requirements in her own right then she can enter too (again reporting the children). If either one of you wins you would have to be officially married in order to process your case and each get a visa/Green Card.

Your entries should be as "single".

Just out of curiosity, what did you put on your original application to the lottery.

another question i am leaving with my wife and we hve one son but we are not married .....i have already registered the dv without adding my son to it i want to know can my wife also register with son if possible i choose single when registering....

another question i am leaving with my wife and we hve one son but we are not married .....i have already registered the dv without adding my son to it i want to know can my wife also register with son if possible i choose single when registering....

I'm afraid that if you get chosen you have disqualified yourself by not adding your son. You were correct choosing single as you are not married, but the instructions are crystal clear that if you do not register children under 21 you will be disqualified. Your "wife" if she enters MUST include your son. But she cannot include you if you are not married.

Last edited:
I can't understand why do you never ask first then applying after... That would help many of you instead of disqualifying yourself then ask about the rule...

I can't understand why do you never ask first then applying after... That would help many of you instead of disqualifying yourself then ask about the rule...

They don't even need to ask here. They just need to read the instructions...

thanks i am certified with my answers thanks again sussieQQQ

Did you read the instructions before you filled in the form? But ok if you get selected, don't say you weren't warned when you spend all that money only to be denied at interview because you left your son off....