need help about i-90 receipt

query11 said:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/questsans/00.12GREENCARD_QA.htm

Q. What if my temporary proof of status expires before I receive my new Green Card?

A. If your temporary proof of status expires before you receive your new Green Card, you should go to your local INS District or Sub-Office (not the Application Support Center). After verifying the status of your case and determining that your application is approvable, the local INS District or Sub-Office will issue you new temporary documentation.

The link posted by you is for those who have already got Green Card and it expires after 10 years and want renew Green Card and it is old memo.
Even for those who want to renew expired GC the correct link at this time is:
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/renew.htm

The thread was started by someone who got GC with incorrect info and want to go out of US started the thread. Local office in posters situation will only stamp the passport and no new temporary card is given by local office.

You are situation is different as you got Green Card long back with your parents and then went to renew it long back. at this time I-90 filing procedure has also changed.
in your other post you talk about Documents for Employment or employment eligibility that nobody asked in this thread. Form I-9 has acceptable documents mentioned on the form. the person only wanted to know if one can go out with valid stamp in Passport and has got the answer from many.
Why do you divide your answers in 2-3 posts to same question? You can add to your earlier post.

so saathiya,why not scroll down on the link that i gave and see the date it was last modified.....
and how can u come to a conclusion that the guy whom i responded to is not based on immigration visa?

query11 said:
how can u come to a conclusion that the guy whom i responded to is not based on immigration visa?

the poster in first post has posted info

PD 04/17/2001
AD I-140 02/2001
RD I-485 04/2002
EAD 4
TD 06/2002
ID 01/2006
AD 03/2006
PP stamped: 04/11/06
CR: 04/21/06 (with an error on primary's card)
it simply means it was adjustment of status in US.

query11 said:
and talk of posting 30 messages in 4 years is it becoz ur other user id is ginnu or whatever?
posting 30 messages or 40 in 4 years or 5 years what diffrence does it make you. posting more message is not qualification. friends here post to help each other. if i dont have to say anything why I need to post. I read what ever I need and i dont need to give answer to you. why i need to use other memebers user id? and why I cant use my id? it seems you may be expert in doing that and I dont think Ginnu or any other member has to do anything personal with you or anybody. if you suffer from " I know All " problem then that is your problem not mine.enjoy your life!!!

j_j2001 said:
hi,everybody, thanks for ur reply!
yes, i sent my card with form i-90, i sent all the documents on May 2, got receipt in mail on May 17 shows the RD is May10. and PP stamp is valid till April, 2007, although everybody says i can travel with the PP stamp, but i still feel unsafe, i mean my name on the card is misspelled, does that mean my information in their system is wrong?

Valid temporary I-551 stamp on passport should be enough to prove LPR status upon re-entry at a U.S. Port-of-Entry. As for misspellings on travel documents, this is an answer from the CBP website:

"A misspelling of a name in and of itself would not be grounds for denial of entry, but it can raise questions and in some cases, could result in requiring you to prove that the document is yours. If you are not able to meet that burden and we have reason to believe you are not the person to whom the document belongs, you could be denied entry. CBP very strongly encourages you to obtain a correction of a document as soon as an error is discovered. If that is not possible, then we suggest that you carry additional documentation or evidence that you are the person indicated on the document. Most documents contain additional identifying data, such as date of birth, a number, etc, so if only the name is spelled wrong, you should carry other documentation with information matching that additional data, which would show you are one and the same person named in the misspelled document.

For instance, if a ticket has your name misspelled, be sure to bring the credit card you used to purchase the ticket (assuming the credit card has your name spelled correctly, as well as your other travel ID).

If you are in the process of changing or adjusting your status with Citizenship and Immigration Services, and a document has a misspelling of your name, bring a copy of paperwork showing that you had applied for the document that has an error on it. In short, you need to be able to demonstrate some close tie to the document that has an error on it.

We should caution, if your name is spelled wrong on a visa, that error would be exceptionally difficult to overcome, and should be corrected before you travel."

Hope that helps :)

Disclaimer: Not a legal advice. Please use at your own risk. It is best to seek counsel from qualified and certified immigration attorneys.

I-551 experience at POE.

CC-ginnu,howdy-howdy.
I just arrived back in the country using the I-551 Stamp on my passport. The experience at POE was smooth, the Immigration officer asked two questions only 1. how long were you out and 2. Whether I had recieved the plastic Card at the same time with my wife who was travelling with me[ she showed her Card]. I answered yes I had recieved the Card but it had error on my last name and had to file form I-90. The Officer said, that usually takes about six months and good luck on your Card-welcome home. He never bothered to see GC Approval letter or any other documentation even though I had all paper work with me. Big thanks to guys that encouraged and supported me in this forum. :)

strange situation, anybody knows?

hi, everyone, i have sent my i-90 to VSC for about 2months and 20 days, i-90 case status is still not changed, (we receive ur application on may 10, and mail u a receipt, it will take .....blah, blah) but i find an LUD yesterday, it is my I-181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE . it says on July 26, after approving this case, we ordered you a new card, your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. i have not receive any respond of the i-90, does that mean they make another card for me or what? or maybe they just reapproved my i-181 again by mistake, anybody who knows this kind of situation, please reply! thank you !