Need Citizenship Bad. Child On The Way.

Logan_Canniff

Hi, my name is Logan. I'm wondering how I would obtain citizenship under my circumstances. I'm 17 years old, currently enrolled in school in America. I'm currently living with my 2 brothers(Non-Citizens), my mother(Non-Citizen), my step-nephew(Citizen), and my step-father(Citizen). My Mother and Step-Father are married. I have been living here for almost 10 years. I cannot obtain an I.D, Driver's License, or Job. I need these things pretty bad. I have a child on the way in a little less then three months with my girlfriend of 2 years. I've heard of having a sponsor, which would be my Step-Father I think? Any help in which will help me obtain my full citizenship will be much appreciated. Also, I am from Canada(If that is important).

Hi, my name is Logan. I'm wondering how I would obtain citizenship under my circumstances. I'm 17 years old, currently enrolled in school in America. I'm currently living with my 2 brothers(Non-Citizens), my mother(Non-Citizen), my step-nephew(Citizen), and my step-father(Citizen). My Mother and Step-Father are married. I have been living here for almost 10 years. I cannot obtain an I.D, Driver's License, or Job. I need these things pretty bad. I have a child on the way in a little less then three months with my girlfriend of 2 years. I've heard of having a sponsor, which would be my Step-Father I think? Any help in which will help me obtain my full citizenship will be much appreciated. Also, I am from Canada(If that is important).

More information is clearly needed here--although if you've used your real legal name as your handle on here you might want to also be cautious in how much you reveal in a public forum. You might try re-registering on another immigration board without using your full legal name.

First off--you wouldn't be looking at citizenship first--you'd be looking at permanent residence as a first step with citizenship only a possibility a few years down the road.

Second, what is the status of the people involved here--esp your girlfriend, your mother and yourself? Are you here illegally or legally? Is your mother here illegally or legally? It sounds like you aren't here legally if you are unable to get ID--although perhaps there are other reasons.

Did your family get I-94's when you entered the USA or did you enter as Canadian tourists without I-94 cards?

Yes your stepfather could sponsor your mother and then you would get your green card as a derivative beneficiary of your mother's.

Alternatively if your girlfriend is a US citizen, then you could marry your girlfriend and she could sponsor you.

Basically more info is needed but I'd be cautious posting personal info under your real name.