need big help: what kind of visa does a canadian need to start a small business in USA?

coronal

I am a Canadian living in USA with my husband, who holds TN. I used to have TN. Since I got laid off, I have to switch to TD.

Now I'd like to start a small business here to help my family, specially to raise the baby. I have been in touch with a few places, but nobody knew what I need from the federal government. However, I personally think I need a visa to start a small business here in USA.

Does anyone know if I need a visa to do that? And what kind of visa do I need? I tried to reach the department of state, there was only machine answer. I called USCIS, they didn't know that either. I talked to congressman's office, they had no answer either....

Many thanks

I don't have 500k to invest, unfortunately. Is that the amount of investment to get any E visa for canadian?

I am already in usa, with TD only.

Thanks.

It seems I have to give up the idea to get any E visa. Do you have any good idea for me on how to get any other visa to start a small business?

I guess one thing is for sure: I NEED A VISA to start a even small business. Am I right?

thank you so much.

I don't have 500k to invest, unfortunately. Is that the amount of investment to get any E visa for canadian?

You definitely don't need that kind of money for E-2 nor for E-1.
I started my E-2 Visa with an investment of 60K.
It all depends of what kind of business you are doing.
And you definitely need a good experienced lawyer, try to find one who's specialized for E-2 visas, better be Canadian.
Wish you luck.