Naturalization Question

Good afternoon,
I have never posted here before but recently became aware of the fact that my great grandfather on my mother's side was born in North Dakota, USA. My mother and grandmother (my grandmother being the daughter of my great grandfather) are both still alive. My question is, would I be eligible for citizenship based on him being born in the USA?

Thank you,
Stephanie

I forgot to mention, I am a Canadian citizen. I live close to the US right now, and would love to be able to apply for jobs there more freely.

Not unless your grandmother and mother both were physically present in the US for long periods of time before the next generation was born.

Under US law, for US citizen parent(s) to be able to automatically transmit citizenship to children born abroad, the US citizen parent(s) must meet certain residency requirements. For children born abroad, in wedlock (the rules are different for out of wedlock), to one US citizen parent and one alien parent (it's different if both parents are citizens), the condition was that the US citizen parent must have been physically present in the US before the child's birth for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 years after turning 14 (for births after 1986), or 10 years, including 5 years after turning 14 (for births between 1952 and 1986), or 10 years, including 5 years after turning 16 (for births between 1941 and 1952).

Hi.
I truly appreciate all the advice,and the knowledgeable people who aid an advise on this site.
Just wanted to ask a quick question?
Re: physical presence requirements
If,someone was in the US army on honorable active duty during a time of hostility. Does that person automatically meet the ' physical presence' requirement?
Ina : act.301(g)

Hi.
I truly appreciate all the advice,and the knowledgeable people who aid an advise on this site.
Just wanted to ask a quick question?
Re: physical presence requirements
If,someone was in the US army on honorable active duty during a time of hostility. Does that person automatically meet the ' physical presence' requirement?
Ina : act.301(g)
Yes, time abroad while serving in the armed forces, or in certain government organizations, or as the dependent of such a person, counts as being in the US.

Thank you.
If,the physical presence requirement is 5 years,10 years,or whatever it may be;
Is THAT requirement automatically fulfilled,by active participation in the US armed services in a time of war?
Thanks,sooo much!

Thank you.
If,the physical presence requirement is 5 years,10 years,or whatever it may be;
Is THAT requirement automatically fulfilled,by active participation in the US armed services in a time of war?
Thanks,sooo much!
No. It has to be that many years present in the US or in the armed forces / government organizations.