Naturalization Interview result - N-652: A Decision Cannot be made about your application

bebo786

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on Feb 3,2016. The interview went well. I passed the interview but the letter had the box checked 'A decision cannot yet be made about your application'. The officer said my file has not passed security clearance so I should receive the oath letter in the mail soon. It has been 5weeks now but I still have not received any letter. I went to the USCIS check status website too but no updates there either. How much longer should I wait??? Do I call the USCIS and ask the second tier about my case or do I call and schedule an appointment with infopass now or wait for another 30 days???? I have a clean background so I am not sure what's taking them so long.

Any advises please, I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Do you hear anything yet? I have the same boat just like you. My sister and I were on the same interviewed day, but she got the leeter for oath ceremony. I did not hear anything from them since 03/29/16. I think my case is sooner than you, so no hope yet. I thought because I changed my name so it could be take longer than normal.
Hope you have good news soon, btw the form has said it could be taken 120 days to get the result.
Good luck

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on Feb 3,2016. The interview went well. I passed the interview but the letter had the box checked 'A decision cannot yet be made about your application'. The officer said my file has not passed security clearance so I should receive the oath letter in the mail soon. It has been 5weeks now but I still have not received any letter. I went to the USCIS check status website too but no updates there either. How much longer should I wait??? Do I call the USCIS and ask the second tier about my case or do I call and schedule an appointment with infopass now or wait for another 30 days???? I have a clean background so I am not sure what's taking them so long.

Any advises please, I appreciate the help.

Thanks

"The officer said my file has NOT passed security clearance so I should receive the oath letter in the mail soon"

If you did NOT pass the security clearance isn't that going to kill your application?

So I had my n400 interview today I went with my attorney coz I was detained with ice back in 2008 .the immigration officer she was unhappy today .it's seems having a bad morning .any way I got her to smile somehow ☺ she went through my n400 application step by step with to many questions. Where and when blah blah .I was wondering if she was trying to fail the interview .when we done with applications she moved forward to the civic questions. Which I answered the first 6 in 1 minutes and writing skills for less than amin .and reading one sentence successfully. (She said perfect ) I thought I will get approved .so she handheld me paper stated that I passed the English test and government history .the other box says decision cannot be made at this time . What the heck. I flow from Seattle to anchorege alaska and this is what I got