Naturalization Interview Exam - Do you need say all answers in a question?

kralor

Hi Guys,

Got a question please about the naturalization interview exam civic questions:

In some civic questions they tell you exactly how many answers to include, for an instance:

Question 6: "What is __one__ right freedom from the First Amendment?*"
Answers: speech
religion assembly
press
petition the government

So here it's very clear that as long as I give one of these answers, I will providing a full answer and correct.

Or in this instance:

Question 9: "What are two rights in the Declaration of Independence?"
Answers: life
liberty
pursuit of happiness

So here it's very clear that as long as I give two of these answers, I will providing a full answer and correct.

But in another civic questions, where it doesn't tell you how many answers they want, yet the answer contains several answers, does that mean you need to include all of them to be considered correct?
For example:

Question 2: "What does the constitution do?"
Answers: sets up the government
defines the government
protects basic rights of Americans

Question 4: "What is an amendment?"
Answers: a change (to the Constitution)
an addition (to the Constitution)

Do I need to include all the answers to be considered correct or if they don't specify how many answers yet there are multiple answers, it means by default they just want one answer?

Would appreciate to hear from people who actually went to the interview recently and know.

Thanks!

I believe one correct answer should do. Also depends on your interviewing officer. Mine was very accommodating and with each correct answer would quickly move to the next. Stopped after 6 questions.

I believe one correct answer should do. Also depends on your interviewing officer. Mine was very accommodating and with each correct answer would quickly move to the next. Stopped after 6 questions.

So is it safer to study all answers where the question doesn't specify how many answers to give? Is there someone here who encountered an officer that after you gave them one answer for a general question they kept waiting for you to answer the rest of the question answers? Thanks again!

So is it safer to study all answers where the question doesn't specify how many answers to give? Is there someone here who encountered an officer that after you gave them one answer for a general question they kept waiting for you to answer the rest of the question answers? Thanks again!

Yes, that would be the best thing to do. Go over all questions with all provided answers multiple times and try to remember as many answers as you can. For general questions with multiple answers, try to answer a few, the officer will usually be satisfied with your first answer. The questions might seem overwhelming in the beginning but once you go through them a few times, you will get the hang of it. I'd also play the CD in my car for a few days before going to the interview which also helped.

Yes, that would be the best thing to do. Go over all questions with all provided answers multiple times and try to remember as many answers as you can. For general questions with multiple answers, try to answer a few, the officer will usually be satisfied with your first answer. The questions might seem overwhelming in the beginning but once you go through them a few times, you will get the hang of it. I'd also play the CD in my car for a few days before going to the interview which also helped.
Hello, I just got my notice for interview scheduled for 07/01 , and I would appreciate all the help/ advice I can get preparing for the interview. What to expect and Where can I get the CD mentioned above? Thank you