Naturalization in South Carolina

danagirl

Registered Users (C)
It seems to me that naturalization experiences in South Carolina are a complete mystery. Please share any information you might have about how this process works in South Carolina. For instance, which district office really processes the cases? Greer, Charleston, or Atlanta? Should people in South Carolina gain hope from processing times in Atlanta, or consider themselves subject to the ludicrous processing times of the Charleston office (now processing 1/15/2004!)? Is the truth, in fact, somewhere in the middle? Any input would be helpful.

I just got my citizenship done last week, and during the oath ceremony the district manager from South Carolina talked to us at leanght. Apparently all cases are processed out of Charleston, and during the renovation of the Charelston office a select few were transferred out to Atlanta, but as of now all is being processed in Charleston. The Greer office etc. only does interviews and such, no actual processing. According to her she had just gotten some staff increases and she was hoping to catch back on the backlog by the end of this year....

Search the posts for a thread posted by me around the 28th of July, it has some more info for you!
Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. This is very helpful. I see that you were fingerprinted twice, nearly a year apart. Did you just not hear anything at all from USCIS for a year after your first FP?

noop , I did not hear a word, as a matter of fact I called the 1800 number to request a case status to be sent to me and that is when I got hte second fingerprint notice :)

Danagirl,

Just had my interview in Greer, here is my timeline.

PD 12/30/05
FP 02/17/06 in Charlotte
ID 08/11/06

I got an approval letter, but the officer did not know how long it would take to get the oath letter.

I will let you know when I'm done. Hang in there.