Naturalization for asylee can be sooner that we though?

Arizona_Poet said:
hey guys!!!

I've been paying attention a lot to this thread regarding the naturalization process for asylees.First I want to inform u that we have another ND 2001 asylee approved :) I checked my status online today and there was the famous message saying that my case got approved and the aproval letter its on his way.

ND:06/01
rfi:7/2005
bio:8/2005
approval status online: 8/24/05

I've been so happy the past hours..I already emptied all the beers I got in my fridge...hehehe.
Well anyways, my comment regarding naturalization is just go with it. Everybody is talking about..what will happen,..what if...I heard that....We need facts right now.Whom in the forum has applied for naturalization counting the years where asylum was granted? by this type of experiences we can clear out many many many doubts that all the people that has been approved lately have.

For this fiscal year and for the next one we will have a lot of people get aproved and I am pretty sure more than half will want to apply for citenzenship as soon as possible.... In my opinion I will say, that immigration laws are made with such ambiguity sometimes and it always leave a small window for the applicant to interpretate a law on his own benefit. I am planning to do it next year,previously talking with a lawyer and asking him what are the chances, and which laws can be used for my benefit. I feel it can be done. At least try won't hurt. That is the only way to start making pressure about this issue with the authorities, it does not make sense at all to wait 10 years in total to become a citizen. Maybe attaching a good explanatory letter with an application, worked out with a good lawyer before, can help. After all, officers are people and decisions sometimes are discrecional. We just need an asylee to make it through and then the rest is history.All lawyers will be able to base their cases in that asylee that got it.

Cheers!!!

Arizona_Poet! Why next year for naturalization? do it right now after receiving GC and let us all know.. :)

Just to let everybody know that everything is possible, just like the new settlement to speed up the process for asylees it could happen with the citizenship too. In my opinion it's in this government's interest to grant us citizenship for voting, for taxes, for sponsoring more people to come legally to this country and pay fees to USCIS and taxes and life goes on...
all it takes is a big voice of asylees stick together with a good volunteer attorney could make it happen. I will be first to sign and vote for early citizenship for asylees....
please please no negative and sarcastic comments....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
do i need lawyer to file for naturalization

i just received my GC 3 days a go,

i was reading your threads guys regarding the naturalization,

i still remember when i field for GC on feb 2000, i contact nebraska center

to ask about how long it takes to get GC,

the officer told me it takes 8 years, and told me not to worry because the waiting years is counted for naturalization,

i may apply now for naturalization,

do you advice me guys to file it through lawyer

Yes consult a competent lawyer who will tell you to wait for four years after getting your green card.

John Smith 1 said:
i just received my GC 3 days a go,

i was reading your threads guys regarding the naturalization,

i still remember when i field for GC on feb 2000, i contact nebraska center

to ask about how long it takes to get GC,

the officer told me it takes 8 years, and told me not to worry because the waiting years is counted for naturalization,

i may apply now for naturalization,

do you advice me guys to file it through lawyer