Naturalization After Divorce

Privateer

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have been divorced for more than five years and I am awaiting my Naturalization/Citizenship interview.

Is the USCIS still curious about marriage details at this point.
I have all of the paperwork from our four years together and there is no problem proving that it was totally legitimate.

Would it be advisable for me to bring the proof that we took to the Green Card interview to the Naturalization Interview?

Please allow me thank you in advance for any input that I may receive.:confused:

Yes, take the materials from you GC interview with you just in case they ask questions. But doubtful they will. I'm assuming you are applying under the 5-year rule.

I am in a similar situation. My interview is tomorrow and i divorced seven month after obtaining GC. Even that it might look suspicious we were living together for six years and we had a relationship. I asked two lawyers and both told me: You obtained your permanent GC after two years of marriage (mine after 5 years) and filing based on 5 year rule then its irrelevant to the naturalization interview.
All the proof that you brought with in for your GC is on file. The lawyer told me if you were asked if you have any proof. I answered him i don't have any proof. He said ok that would be it. You don't need to prove it because you've already proven it. Basis for denial would be for example residency requirement arrest etc
not not living enough (how enough) with your spouse after GC. If all other requirements are met i think you should be fine. I am not a lawyer but that's what i think after asking a number of top lawyers and researching it on the internet.

A year separation.

Congrtulations on your interview.

Just curious, are you not supposed to inform USCIS when you get separated and is that issue not raised during the interview that you were divorced 7 months after getting your GC which means that you were probably separetd prior to the adjudication of your permanent GC which ofcourse is not a good situation. Most of the states require a 1 year separation except Nevada. I dont know the answer but I would appreciate any input.

MM

I just passed the interview and took the oath on 5/11 and wish luck to you all. I divorced 7-8 month after getting permanent GC but stayed living with her till divorce and marriage was entered in good faith from begining. I was married and living with her for 6 years before GC. Regarding separation before GC i don't know what to advise you but in my interview the IO went over the typical questions (name, address, SSN, and so on). When reaching the divorce part, she just said "i see that you were divorced do you have divorce decree?" i said yes and gave it to her and that was it without any questions about if and when separated. I would just stick to the questions asked without volunteering anything and answering the questions truthfully. After that she asked about where i work and typical questions of yes and no and if i have tax due. She then requested tax transcripts and then asked me to sign application. I hope that is helpful. My opinion is that the process is easier than what's imagined. If one lawyer suggested you to withdraw application i'd ask different lawyers and make my decision. As long as marriage or employment was entered in good faith there's nothing to worry about. But again im not a lawyer, this is my personal experience and i suggest that you consult a profesional laywer. Good luck