Naturalization 319b- trips outside USA

tapas77

I got my C in Sept 20111 through my wife (UC citizen). Since then, I made several trips to and from USA (9 in total). Two of which I stayed outside USA for 186 days and 197 days.

My wife a job at a US research institute recognized by US attorney general. I read that I am eligible for expeditious naturalization under 319 b (which waves physical residency requirement to be naturalized.. it is similar to naturalization of spouse of military personnels serving USA outside states).

Will those 2 trips be a problem when I apply for naturalization?

THanks

Note that her job needs to require her to be stationed abroad for an expected time of at least a year, among the other requirements of 319(b).

Thanks for your reply. Her job should continue for a year from day of filling or day of naturalization?

Another question, if I came to USA on Mar 07th and left on same day. When I fill out travel dates on N-400, will that be a problem?> P.S, that was not a transit in USA. It was booked through different airlines with 2 separate tickets

The overseas employment must be expected to continue for at least 1 year after the date of filing the naturalization application. The employer will have to provide a letter or employment contract to substantiate that.

Arriving in the US and leaving again on the same day is not a problem by itself. But if you have long trips that may jeopardize your continuous residence, your chances of approval are worse with short stays in the US between trips than if you stayed for a longer time. However, if you qualify for 319(b) you don't need to worry about continuous residence.

Thanks again for your reply. My wife's contract does not have an end date. Will that be OK used for naturalization under 319b?