• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Nationality = Citizenship? or not

You already received an appropriate response from SusieQQQ on this question: " It. Doesn't. Matter." What else do you want? Please go ahead and do your thing...:)
exactly.... I already got my answer. you are the one who said "he seems not to understand the issue he is facing, or simply prefers to ignore it" I am not sure what you mean by that, since I already got a clear answer.

I notice you keep saying mother - where was your father born?

hello there monkey, my dad was born in China. not UK. I understand that China is not an eligible country, but again I think this issue has already been taken care of.

As long as neither of my parents were not born in THAT INELIGIBLE COUNTRY(UK in my case). I can Claim EITHER parents' place of birth(one of my parent's place of birth). Therefore I will be claiming my mother's place of birth HK.

Last edited:
@guestgulkan , did you know that in the asian country, there is a traditional delicacy to eat monkey's brain off of it's head while the monkey is still alive.
Nothing like a cooked goose.

Is this kosher? Presumably not, in all possible meanings...
Monkeys are not kosher and eating parts of living animals is most certainly not kosher.
There is one rabbi that I know of who, based on the circumstances, would easily designate pork as kosher. He would say - think of the pork as a fish.
I long wondered why SusieQQQ knows so much about our people's affairs.

There is one rabbi that I know of who, based on the circumstances, would easily designate pork as kosher. He would say - think of the pork as a fish.
I long wondered why SusieQQQ knows so much about our people's affairs.

אתה באמת לא יודע
?

(Translation : you really don't know? In possibly incorrect grammar)

Also this forum software doesn't do well with Hebrew keyboards. But I guess it doesn't really matter :D

I think this software is better suited for Yiddish.

I don't speak Yiddish, just a few phrases.
The software kept wanting to put the question mark at the beginning of the sentence...
I'm guessing you used a translator for the previous one as it had vowels in?! ;)

Can u apply for unemployment if u are a green card holder category DV2 ? what about medicare?

Generally, if you want to receive benefits you need to have been in the U.S. for 5 years and in some instances you need to have worked for ten years to get benefits, The main exception is benefits to help children. Basically, if you're looking for welfare benefits the U.S. is not the country you should be aiming at.
Also be careful about applying for benefits that could mean you are a public charge, this has potentail consequences for keeping your green card and/or applying for citizenship. Remember that part of your criteria for receiving the green card in the first place is that you won't become a public charge.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-public-benefits-can-green-card-holder-receive.html

Last edited:
Well we live in an area where employment is seasonal...unemployment it's not something u get for free, u have to be eligible, after u pay a certain amount of taxes out of your paychecks. Am I wrong?

Well we live in an area where employment is seasonal...unemployment it's not something u get for free, u have to be eligible, after u pay a certain amount of taxes out of your paychecks. Am I wrong?

Did you read the link I posted? It describes the criteria for that. I haven't looked in detail but it seems generally you need to have worked for 40 quarters (ten years if consecutive) to get unemployment benefits, if the work is seasonal I guess that 40 quarters is going to end up being a lot longer than ten years. Like I say I didn't read in detail, I could be wrong but that is what I recall. Some states have state programs that aren't as strict.
The U.S. is a big place, with plenty of places that the work is not seasonal. The reason Detroit's population is falling is because unemployment is high, so people leave it to live somewhere they can get work. The U.S. mindset is to live where there is work rather than look for benefits. Very different to a place like the UK where I have been surprised at how many people just expect benefits for just about everything....