• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Nationality = Citizenship? or not

Im not worried about the foreign changeability at this point. I just want to know if I should put UK first or HK first on the DS-260 form.

You realise that you are almost certainly disqualified - unless you can use an exception as I am trying to explain. So the question of UK or HK is pretty much arbitrary...

Im not worried about the foreign changeability at this point. I just want to know if I should put UK first or HK first on the DS-260 form.

It makes absolutely no difference what you list first. People have won DV on countries of birth for which they have never held citizenship or nationality. What matters is whether you can convince them you're eligible.

Ahhh ok. Re-reading that thread he was cagey, so now he us being cagey again....

my question on this thread has nothing to do with the post of foreign chargeability at all.

I just want to find out which nationality I should list as my primary on the DS-260 form. Please disregard that post.....

my question on this thread has nothing to do with the post of foreign chargeability at all.

I just want to find out which nationality I should list as my primary on the DS-260 form. Please disregard that post.....

It. Doesn't. Matter.

The passport you pick as primary is the one they'll stick the visa in, so there are two not-that-important things to consider. Which passport do you use when travelling? It'll save you having to carry two passports if you use that one until you get your greencard. However you're going to be under intense scrutiny due to your place of birth and there's a fair chance you're going to get rejected, so psychologically you want the CO thinking "Hong Kong.. Hong Kong" not "UK.. UK". ie keep him focused on Hong Kong by picking Hong Kong.

The passport you pick as primary is the one they'll stick the visa in, so there are two not-that-important things to consider. Which passport do you use when travelling? It'll save you having to carry two passports if you use that one until you get your greencard. However you're going to be under intense scrutiny due to your place of birth and there's a fair chance you're going to get rejected, so psychologically you want the CO thinking "Hong Kong.. Hong Kong" not "UK.. UK". ie keep him focused on Hong Kong by picking Hong Kong.

Why are you saying I have a fair chance of being rejected? I am claiming my mother's place of birth....

Eligibility on the basis of the parents is the triple salchow of the Diversity Lottery in terms of difficulty. I know of two who have done it (both OCErs) and their strategy was quite rightly to focus on the parents in terms of birth place. That's what @guestgulkan is trying to tell you.

You have a tricky case. You have to cross charge and now you're saying your DS260 may have been incomplete. All of which would be enough for a CO to say 'too hard, you're going into AP' while they do further checks.

When the case isn't straightforward, you have to be en pointe when it comes to your application. The accumulation of errors is in effect accumulation of doubt in the integrity of your case.

Eligibility on the basis of the parents is the triple salchow of the Diversity Lottery in terms of difficulty. I know of two who have done it (both OCErs) and their strategy was quite rightly to focus on the parents in terms of birth place. That's what @guestgulkan is trying to tell you.

You have a tricky case. You have to cross charge and now you're saying your DS260 may have been incomplete. All of which would be enough for a CO to say 'too hard, you're going into AP' while they do further checks.

When the case isn't straightforward, you have to be en pointe when it comes to your application. The accumulation of errors is in effect accumulation of doubt in the integrity of your case.
Very good points, EmilyW - I truly love the "triple salchow" comparison :). I am afraid though, based on the information provided from OP side thus far, that he won't have a chance to get to AP in the first place but that his application will simply be declined. I think from his statements, he seems not to understand the issue he is facing, or simply prefers to ignore it. Oh well...

Very good points, EmilyW - I truly love the "triple salchow" comparison :). I am afraid though, based on the information provided from OP side thus far, that he won't have a chance to get to AP in the first place but that his application will simply be declined. I think from his statements, he seems not to understand the issue he is facing, or simply prefers to ignore it. Oh well...

Are u refering me as the OP?

I agree @European2014.

The CO is not going to say 'oh you're charging to your parents? Ok, cool. Here's your visa'.

The key to success in the OC this year has been over preparation and thinking about all possibilities. And having the paperwork to back it all up.

I agree @European2014.

The CO is not going to say 'oh you're charging to your parents? Ok, cool. Here's your visa'.

The keys to success in the OC this year has been over preparation and thinking about all possibilities. Ad having the paperwork to back it all up.
This is why you OC folks are doing so well in the interviews and get a 100% success rate. Congratulations!

Well Im not the OP of this thread, but OK.

so what kind of issue do u think I don't understand? Not trying to argue here, I just want to make sure I get things right
Look, if you would have answered Britsimon's very specific questions, you would not be in a position now having to ask this question. As @guestgulkan already wisely told you: "You're going to get rejected 100% unless you help him (Britsimon) help you." Nothing to add to this from my end :rolleyes:

Look, if you would have answered Britsimon's very specific questions, you would not be in a position now having to ask this question. As @guestgulkan already wisely told you: "You're going to get rejected 100% unless you help him (Britsimon) help you." Nothing to add to this from my end :rolleyes:
if you are referring to the foreign chargeability issue, Iv already said disregard my thread about that, since its already been taken care of on my other thread.

My question on this post is simply asking if I should put HK or UK as my primary on the DS-260 form

if you are referring to the foreign chargeability issue, Iv already said disregard my thread about that, since its already been taken care of on my other thread.

My question on this post is simply asking if I should put HK or UK as my primary on the DS-260 form
You already received an appropriate response from SusieQQQ on this question: " It. Doesn't. Matter." What else do you want? Please go ahead and do your thing...:)