• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

narrate your celebration when you won the lottery

5weeks from now the result will be out...Maybe the previous winners can tell us how they celebrated when they won...It will be a major boost for this year's participants...Goodluck in May

U supposed to celebrate when you get GC. When I got selected I celebrated and then couldn't even got chance to visit embassy coz of high CN

I screamed and called 5 friends and messaged more one after the after to tell them the news, I was extremely excited about it!! Being selected, getting the vignette in the passport, and getting the green card itself are all worth celebrating!

Yeah I wouldn't celebrate till having landed in the US personally or at least till have the immigrant visa in hand. Been around long enough to know that there are years not everyone gets an interview if they have higher case numbers, and seen many more get denied at interview.

Yeah I wouldn't celebrate till having landed in the US personally or at least till have the immigrant visa in hand. Been around long enough to know that there are years not everyone gets an interview if they have higher case numbers, and seen many more get denied at interview.
Exactly @SusieQQQ....it is always wise to wait till you touch the U.S soil but sometimes waiting for long and finally going green will make you want to start celebrating asap..I hope the moderators and you will have to deal with a lot of questions in the next 5weeks when the results are out..Your immense advice has help soo many people and i wish to part of it this year..Take care

Exactly @SusieQQQ....it is always wise to wait till you touch the U.S soil but sometimes waiting for long and finally going green will make you want to start celebrating asap

You're still not getting the point - you only "finally go green" after being admitted into the US as a LPR - getting selected doesn't make you "green". So celebrating at that point in time is quite premature

Reactions: Eby
You're still not getting the point - you only "finally go green" after being admitted into the US as a LPR - getting selected doesn't make you "green". So celebrating at that point in time is quite premature
i really know about the process beside i have been participating in the DV for the past 8years...i understand you @Sm1smom

I screamed and called 5 friends and messaged more one after the after to tell them the news, I was extremely excited about it!! Being selected, getting the vignette in the passport, and getting the green card itself are all worth celebrating!

That is for sure a very unique moment in your life. I hope all goes well on your interview :)

How I reacted for DV2017

Finding out I was selected for further processing - Shocked/confused/happy (knew there was a lot ahead - called my parents immediately)

The medical - Ehhhh feels like a task getting all your vaccinations and medicals together. Still part of the unknown of what's gonna happen next.

The interview - being told congrulations your visa has been approved was a great a moment. Slight relief! But realising this is getting serious!

Seeing the immigration visa in my passport - Realisation: Wow this is actually happening!

Being accepted at POE - RELIEF! The best moment. If you get a cool immigration officer, then it's the best feeling!

How I reacted for DV2017

Finding out I was selected for further processing - Shocked/confused/happy (knew there was a lot ahead - called my parents immediately)

The medical - Ehhhh feels like a task getting all your vaccinations and medicals together. Still part of the unknown of what's gonna happen next.

The interview - being told congrulations your visa has been approved was a great a moment. Slight relief! But realising this is getting serious!

Seeing the immigration visa in my passport - Realisation: Wow this is actually happening!

Being accepted at POE - RELIEF! The best moment. If you get a cool immigration officer, then it's the best feeling!

Congrats on your selection and I wish you the best in the U.S. Hope one day I can live that amazing experience of been approved :)

I can only imagine what this must be like! This OC'er is forever hopeful! I think I would probably have to remember to breathe! Then I would go wake up my husband and watch real shock right there! lol

Q

I can only imagine what this must be like! This OC'er is forever hopeful! I think I would probably have to remember to breathe! Then I would go wake up my husband and watch real shock right there! lol

Q

I'm sure that would be a nice wake up news for your husband :)

How I reacted for DV2017

Great story...I hope i can also tell my story this year...Goodluck in your new life

Reactions: Eby
Me I had amazing experience, you can say learning experience, I got married to a Kenyan girl in 2011, 2012 October I applied, may 2013 got selected, first time applied and it was lucky, my wife didn't have much knowledge she didn't even Googled anything about DV, I mean what if you get selected, she had no idea, she told me that they will mail me green card and I used to check mail box for 2 weeks then I met someone on FB, her name was laila, she told me about procedure, she also told me that I should join this forum, I came here learnt so much, then final VB of DV 2014 came, my CN was 99k and VB was 81200(not sure), and I realised what I have not got. Took me two months to feel okay, still hoping to get GC. One day I'll cross Atlantic and experience the United States of America.

Me I had amazing experience, you can say learning experience, I got married to a Kenyan girl in 2011, 2012 October I applied, may 2013 got selected, first time applied and it was lucky, my wife didn't have much knowledge she didn't even Googled anything about DV, I mean what if you get selected, she had no idea, she told me that they will mail me green card and I used to check mail box for 2 weeks then I met someone on FB, her name was laila, she told me about procedure, she also told me that I should join this forum, I came here learnt so much, then final VB of DV 2014 came, my CN was 99k and VB was 81200(not sure), and I realised what I have not got. Took me two months to feel okay, still hoping to get GC. One day I'll cross Atlantic and experience the United States of America.
I feel sad for u....U were soo unlucky with your high case number but never loose hope..so far as da is life, da is hope...let pray and wait for the next 4weeks .

@Mushy_hot and @Qewty - if there are two people who 'deserve' a chance, it's you two. I suspect that, if you are selected, the forum would erupt.

ea4a60db48420029683dec08e2547fc1.gif