Name Check - Waiting for over 2 years

MILMIL

Registered Users (C)
I have my interview in chicago (12/23/2002) and still waiting for Oath , I read the Rahul post and fax status Inquiry about 4 times since august 15 , I got the call from FBI today , lady was very upset and ask me not to fax the status request any more she said they will update me once they done with the name check ... Seems like they still in process .........since last 2 years..

thanks

Why not try and write to the asst dir's and also involve your congressman/senator? Yeah you have been waiting for a looooooooooooong time. im sure u have to retake fingerprints before oath.

IMO its not a good idea to fax weekly.... I'd suggest monthly... Pls write to the AD's to see how your case can move

Rahul, which asst.director do you mean? the fbi?
Also, i have been waiting for the name check for 3 months now. Do you think it's time for me to act as well or be patient and wait?
thanks for advice,

mfar said:
Rahul, which asst.director do you mean? the fbi?
Also, i have been waiting for the name check for 3 months now. Do you think it's time for me to act as well or be patient and wait?
thanks for advice,

I think you should wait. Its too early to pull this string.

thanks, hm11
i think i am gonna wait for another 2 months and then definitely poke my head in :)

Yes I suggest you wait . They wont handle your request immediately anyways.. In the meanwhile could I suggest a FOIPA request?

Rahul, you mentioned that request in your posts, but i could not understand the difference between the name check request and foipa.
could you clarify?

mfar said:
Rahul, you mentioned that request in your posts, but i could not understand the difference between the name check request and foipa.
could you clarify?

FOIPA is a law by which you get get the Govt to share info with you. Anything from your FBI/INS file (not fully ofcourse) to govt data on UFO sightings! You can fill a request to see if your name is "problematic" or not.... ie does the govt think you are a criminal? etc....

Thanks, Rahul.
Then why do you think i should wait on my name check request but think i should go with FOIPA request? I thought those two are connected.