Name check--How To Find Status?

gc-thro-spouse

Registered Users (C)
After the fingerprinting/biometrics is done for I-485/I-765, can anyone explain how one can find out the status of the FBI name check?

Who can we call to find out the status--NBC/FBI? I have been reading different posts--some say you can call FBI, some say you can't.

Can someone please explain?

Someone on here wrote about sending a FOIA (sp?) form to FBI to inquire about the status, but I can't remember which thread exactly, do a search and hopefully you will find the thread. :)

gc-thro-spouse said:
After the fingerprinting/biometrics is done for I-485/I-765, can anyone explain how one can find out the status of the FBI name check?

Who can we call to find out the status--NBC/FBI? I have been reading different posts--some say you can call FBI, some say you can't.

There is almost nothing you can do to speed it up. Some others here have referred to the FOIA --- the name check is not within its scope. You can e-mail the FBI, receive a "result" from them and still wait.

The name check is an issue between FBI and USCIS ---- USCIS being the client. Regardless of what you request yourself as an individual, it is the result given to USCIS that matters.

Exactly what pianoplayer said, they will give you when the check was initiated, mine was 4/19/2006 as I learned about it today @ Infopass, but they wouldn't tell you if it's been cleared because they are not authroized to do so. :confused:

gc-thro-spouse said:

If you haven't even had your interview yet, I wouldn't worry yourself about namecheck. There really isn't much you can do about it, so don't concern yourself about it until you know its a real problem.