Name check cleared!!!!

yoginm73

Registered Users (C)
I got an email from FBI that my name check was cleared on 06/16/2006. I am happy to see that email. I have no worries now. I hope to see my case cleared within some weeks now. I am current since 04/01/2006.

For curious people, I did the same things as done by other people who had success. Refer to some recent threads for name check. I am not sure what worked. But I sent emails to FBI, faxed letters to confgress, call TSC, infopass,.... Just keep inquiring. Light will come sooner at the end of the tunnel, if you keep checking and bothering people.

Thanks to toxci input, for his help on namecheck.

Good luck to all of you.
Surely will update all you folks when I get my approval.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!That is a real good news!
Hope you will hear soon from USCIS too!

Congratulations yoginm73, You successfully crossed big hurdle.

when did you send e-mail to FBI ?

Thanks
BunnyGC

Congratulations! Can you post the contents of the email that got FBI's attention. I recently contacted my congressman in connection with my namecheck. I have sent the FBI three emails with no response yet.
Thanks.

yoginm73 said:
I have been sending it almost every week. Once a week. They responded to my last week email.

Following is the transcript of the email I have sent.

============================

Dear Sir,
I and my spouse have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS Texas Service Center on _________. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Texas Service Center.
I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status. On my inquiry with USCIS, I found that my name check was Submitted to FBI on _________. They are waiting for response on my Name check.

It has been 5 years since I filed my GC with USCIS. My wife is not able to work because of this. The employers need GC before even applying for jobs. Also I am not able to accept better offers since most of the companies require GC. I know homeland security is of prime importance. I strongly urge you to not compromise for expediting the case, and take all steps necessary to do it. But if my case can be processed without compromising any security checks, please do so. Any help from your agency would be really a help for me and I would appreciate it.

Following are the details of our case:

My details are as follows:-
Full Name ->
A# ->
USCIS Case Number ->
Date of Birth ->

Spouse Full Name ->
Spouse A# ->
Spouse USCIS Case Number ->
Spouse Date of Birth ->

I may be reached by phone or e-mail, if you require any additional information/ documents to address my request. A prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

yoginm73 said:
Following is the transcript of the email I have sent.

============================

Dear Sir,
I and my spouse have filed an application for adjustment of status to that as of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS Texas Service Center on _________. Our application is now pending adjudication at the Texas Service Center.
I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment of status. On my inquiry with USCIS, I found that my name check was Submitted to FBI on _________. They are waiting for response on my Name check.

It has been 5 years since I filed my GC with USCIS. My wife is not able to work because of this. The employers need GC before even applying for jobs. Also I am not able to accept better offers since most of the companies require GC. I know homeland security is of prime importance. I strongly urge you to not compromise for expediting the case, and take all steps necessary to do it. But if my case can be processed without compromising any security checks, please do so. Any help from your agency would be really a help for me and I would appreciate it.

Following are the details of our case:

My details are as follows:-
Full Name ->
A# ->
USCIS Case Number ->
Date of Birth ->

Spouse Full Name ->
Spouse A# ->
Spouse USCIS Case Number ->
Spouse Date of Birth ->

I may be reached by phone or e-mail, if you require any additional information/ documents to address my request. A prompt response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
You said, "On my inquiry with USCIS, I found that my name check was Submitted to FBI on _________."

Did the USCIS tell you that? When, after your FP or your application?

When i called USCIS, once I got a helpful lady who went and looked into another system, what was pending on my case and found my namecheck.
I then asked her when was it sent to FBI. And she give me the date sent to FBI, which was like 15 days after my I485 receipt date.

Hmmm.. that is interesting. I would have thought that the fingerprinting and name check would happen at the same time. From your case it seems they are independent.

yoginm73 said:
When i called USCIS, once I got a helpful lady who went and looked into another system, what was pending on my case and found my namecheck.
I then asked her when was it sent to FBI. And she give me the date sent to FBI, which was like 15 days after my I485 receipt date.

I think name check is always sent after 15-20 days when I485 is applied.
Fingerprint is separate, and is not connected to name check.
Fp gets cleared the next day. I havent seen anybody stuck in FP.

NAme Check email addresses

yoginm73,
Could you please share the email addresses you sent to FBI or some other agencies to know the status of Name Check.

Appreciating your help.

Thanks!

Congrats !

yoginm73:

Congratulations for your NC clearing !

Did you send emails to FBI by using your work email address or Yahoo/Hotmail email address ? Would your email address ( IP ) make difference from the FBI's view ?

Please check your Private Message. Thanks,

yoginm73 said:
yes, i did send it from my corporate account. Maybe that would have made difference.

Sorry I am unable to locate the FBI e-mail address to which you sent the e-mail. Could you please post it. Greatly appreciate your help.

I made an enquiry at USCIS Customer Support. Today I got a letter saying that my security check is complete and they need finger print results.

My PD is June 02, 485 ND is June 04.

GreenCardVirus,

Good news for you. When did you call the customer service? What did the rep. tell you when you were on the phone (clear or pending?)?

I called customer service on July 17 for two times in the morning and afternoon respectively. In the morning the rep. told me all the security checks are complete, but in the afternoon the other rep. said it is still pending and ask me to call back after 30 days if I do not hear anything from CIS.

GreenCardVirus said:
I made an enquiry at USCIS Customer Support. Today I got a letter saying that my security check is complete and they need finger print results.

My PD is June 02, 485 ND is June 04.

same hear

I am in a similar situation. Last year everytime I called TSC, they said Name Check and Secuirty were cleared and now they tell me its not. I have taken an InfoPass for Monday. Hopefully I will get a considerate officer; at least I will know what the real deal is.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks.
KJ

xyr888 said:
GreenCardVirus,

Good news for you. When did you call the customer service? What did the rep. tell you when you were on the phone (clear or pending?)?

I called customer service on July 17 for two times in the morning and afternoon respectively. In the morning the rep. told me all the security checks are complete, but in the afternoon the other rep. said it is still pending and ask me to call back after 30 days if I do not hear anything from CIS.

xyr888 said:
GreenCardVirus,

I just called the national customer service number. They are not going to tell anything about Name Check. I asked why my case is not being processed as my Priority Date is current and also the Vermont Service Center 485 dates are well past my 485 apply date. So they raised an official inquiry. I got a physical letter in mail saying "it appears that your security checks are cleared" ....

I'll try to do an infopass also.

What is FBI email address?

Can someone share FBI email address for name check status?
Thank you,