Name change - Shall I get Court certificate copy during Oath ceremony

csekar

Registered Users (C)
Hi

For the name change during the Oath ceremony at courthouse , If anybody got the copy of court certificate.

If not get during the oath ceremony, What is the procedure to get court certificate copy for name change.

From the forums , I understand we will get name change copy during the oath ceremony. Is it right.

Appreciate your reply ASAP.

Thanks.

yes you will get the name change certificate granted and approved by court with court's seal which you signed during interview

There is a section that explains all fees and procedures. Marriage Records Free site suggests that you have as much information as possible including name or names of parties involved, which court the case was heard in and other information that you may have. This will make your search go more quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you will get the name change certificate granted and approved by court with court's seal which you signed during interview

I did oath ceremony on April 8th 2010. In the court house they said Name change certificate to be mailed at house address. If not mailed what I have to do. How long I can wait. Any idea ?

sekar - can you please divulge more details on where you did the Oath ceremony? When did you pass the interview ? Did you apply for name change during interview ?

sekar - can you please divulge more details on where you did the Oath ceremony? When did you pass the interview ? Did you apply for name change during interview ?

I applied name change N-400 application submitted form.
N400 Application details - 5 year’s GC completed
DO : Philadelphia, PA
08/03/2009 - App Sent to Lewisville, Texas (Applied with Name change)
08/05/2009 - NOA received
08/07/2009 – Checks cashed
08/14/2009 - FP notice received
08/24/2009 - FP Done in Philadelphia PA
09/02/2009 - IL for 11/23
11/23/2009 - Interview Philadelphia PA
03/23/2010 - Oath ceremony invitation received
04/08/2010 - Oath Ceremony at Allentown Court House
04/10/2010 - Passport and Passport card applied (Non-Expedited)
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Received
xx/xx/2010 - Got back Naturalization certificate
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Card Received

I applied name change N-400 application submitted form.
N400 Application details - 5 year’s GC completed
DO : Philadelphia, PA
08/03/2009 - App Sent to Lewisville, Texas (Applied with Name change)
08/05/2009 - NOA received
08/07/2009 – Checks cashed
08/14/2009 - FP notice received
08/24/2009 - FP Done in Philadelphia PA
09/02/2009 - IL for 11/23
11/23/2009 - Interview Philadelphia PA
03/23/2010 - Oath ceremony invitation received
04/08/2010 - Oath Ceremony at Allentown Court House
04/10/2010 - Passport and Passport card applied (Non-Expedited)
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Received
xx/xx/2010 - Got back Naturalization certificate
xx/xx/2010 - Passport Card Received

I did oath ceremony on April 8th 2010. In the court house they said Name change certificate to be mailed at house address. If not mailed what I have to do. How long I can wait. Any idea ?

What you describe sounds pretty weird. I did a name change as well, and the name change certificate was given to me together with the naturalization certificate during the oath ceremony. From reading the other posts in this forum I have the impression that this is standard practice (that name change and naturalization certificates are given together).
I guess you could try to get in touch directly with the court which conducted the naturalization ceremony and ask them directly; presumably it is this court that has to approve the name change request.