Name change during naturalization is causing problem with OCI processing

Acquisition rnuiteri

I called them up and explained that i have not changed the name etc.And then i send them the attached template with my details filled in and got it notarized in US.They said that they will accept the attached letter .I have not yet got my OCI but atleast they have transferred it to Consulate.Last time it was just stuck with Travisa.
on some forums i read you need a g24 form etc , but for the time being im going with the template which i got it approved from travisa.
attached is the template which i used.I had to attach a pdf as the forum does not seem to allow word docs.

Was you application accepted? Did they accepted your affidavit template?

Thanks

I had a problem with my OCI application due to mismatch of my name between US and Indian Passport

Hi,

I sent my application in Nov 2012 and surprised to see Travisa responded back saying I have to submit name change documentation and court papers. When I applied for the renewal of passport, my middle name got dropped and I did not paid any attention or bothered at that time. When I called Travisa, they said it will be difficult for them to process my application and send it without the middle name. Luckily, my old passport had this middle name and convinced the Travisa processing person to have the copy of my old passport as well and process my application. [I had to talk to their supervisor to agree upon this though].

Yesterday I received my OCI at SFO without any issues. I hope this information will be beneficial for future applicants who may face the same middle name issue.

Thanks

OCI application on hold..name change request (US passport missing last 3 character...space issue)

Just got the notification that my wife OCI application is on hold and they need name change document.

The issue on our end is related with US passport agency not printing more than x characters. In my case my wife's first name is cut off by 3 characters(XXYY KUMAR is printed as XXYY KU), rest all is same.

I have spoken with TRAVISA and they suggested sending a letter to see if it can be accepted at the consulate. I find it pathetic on US passport agency not to print full name. Has anyone approached US passport agency to get it fixed in the past? What is the procedure in US, as i know in india they would simple add an addendum on the passport overriding any errors. I can smell this issue coming back to us going forward and i would like to take care of it once for all.

Would appreciate if anyone who got success with similar issue can share their thoughts/suggestions..

thanks a ton in advance..

OCI Processing on hold. - Full name not printed on US passport due to character restrictions

delete me...got posting twice..

I am in the same boat. During naturalization the office gave me options of using FN & LN (as it goes by birth certificate) or wait for additional few months for court ceremony for name change to keep FN MN LN format. It didnt even occur to me then that this will be such a big problem later with OCI and i went with FN LN.

Fast forward - My OCI application is returned back. I tried calling Houston TraVisa but they are not able to help. I even sent them a notarized affidavit but that didnt work. I even went to the court and they said they cant really issue me a court order since you haven't really changed your name. I even called USCIS, took an infopass and talked to Immigration officer if i can get a stamp at the back of naturalization certificate. The office was aware that Indian Visa & OCI are causing this issue but she flatly said that they cannot give me any stamp or document that says its a name change.

In short, i am stuck in the same boat and i am really disappointed for not able to apply for OCI. I just cant think of any other option beside actually going again for name change to make it FN MN LN and then changing it again on Naturalization certificate and US passport and then apply for Visa/OCI. Sucks...

Any gurus, if you have been through this situation we will certainly appreciate your perspective or solution that you may have. Appreciate your help in advance.

Just got the notification that my wife OCI application is on hold and they need name change document.

The issue on our end is related with US passport agency not printing more than x characters. In my case my wife's first name is cut off by 3 characters(XXYY KUMAR is printed as XXYY KU), rest all is same.

I have spoken with TRAVISA and they suggested sending a letter to see if it can be accepted at the consulate. I find it pathetic on US passport agency not to print full name. Has anyone approached US passport agency to get it fixed in the past? What is the procedure in US, as i know in india they would simple add an addendum on the passport overriding any errors. I can smell this issue coming back to us going forward and i would like to take care of it once for all.

Would appreciate if anyone who got success with similar issue can share their thoughts/suggestions..

thanks a ton in advance..

This is totally weird by the US passport agency. How many letters does your wife first name are?

I have 5 letters(FN), 9 letters(MN) AND 12(LN). I had no problems with the printing issue

Hope this helps.

How do I download the template uploaded by Tensedalways? I can't find any links. Maybe I am missing something obvious. Any help is appreciated.