n600

lone

How do I get an extension while waiting for my N600 to get processed. Sent my app in April and my gcard expires in june. Plz help

If you are filing N-600, it means you are a U.S. citizen. If you need proof of citizenship quickly you should get a U.S. passport.

Yeah, what extension are you talking about?
I talked to a lady at the immigration office that told me to go to the local office in Fairfax to get an extension on my green card while my app is being processed to prevent any problems with my job before my card expires. I can't just apply for my passport because I don't have a copy of my mom's coc. I only have the number.

Ok, so you and your mom were LPRs and your mom naturalised - is this the situation? Now, you applied for the N600? Is her original naturalisation certificate with CIS?

Make an appointment here: https://infopass.uscis.gov/ and take proof of having applied for the N600. They ought to be able to give you an extension, though since you are essentially a citizen now, I don't know what they will say...

Hi, thanks for they info just checked my case status in line and it said my case was received at my local office.what does that mean and how long will the process take?

I talked to a lady at the immigration office that told me to go to the local office in Fairfax to get an extension on my green card while my app is being processed to prevent any problems with my job before my card expires.

If you have already showed them your green card for the I-9, and you're still in the same job, they're not supposed to reverify your status when the card expires. And if you have a Social Security card without the employment restriction wording on it, for the I-9 you can use the unrestricted SS card along with a driver's license or state ID, without having to show the green card.

If you have already showed them your green card for the I-9, and you're still in the same job, they're not supposed to reverify your status when the card expires. And if you have a Social Security card without the employment restriction wording on it, for the I-9 you can use the unrestricted SS card along with a driver's license or state ID, without having to show the green card.[/QUOT
Is is on the SS card itself CUZ I don't see it

Is it on the SS card itself CUZ I don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator: