n600 help

new citizen

Hello me and my wife became US naturalized citizens almost a year ago, and wee been living in this country for over 6 years now. Now I am filling out N600 for my daughter who is 15 years old. I am stuck on part 5 of the application do I need to fill it out?

Part 5. Physical Presence in the United States from Birth Until Filing of Form N-600 (Only applicants born outside the United States claiming to have been born U.S. citizens are required to provide all the dates when your U.S. citizen biological father or U.S. citizen biological mother resided in the United States. Include all dates from your birth until the date you file your form n600

I have been in the country only 6 years do I just state the dates from the time I or my wife lived here or do I not need to fill out this part?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello me and my wife became US naturalized citizens almost a year ago, and wee been living in this country for over 6 years now. Now I am filling out N600 for my daughter who is 15 years old. I am stuck on part 5 of the application do I need to fill it out?

Part 5. Physical Presence in the United States from Birth Until Filing of Form N-600 (Only applicants born outside the United States claiming to have been born U.S. citizens are required to provide all the dates when your U.S. citizen biological father or U.S. citizen biological mother resided in the United States. Include all dates from your birth until the date you file your form n600

I have been in the country only 6 years do I just state the dates from the time I or my wife lived here or do I not need to fill out this part?

The text on the form is kind of confusing, but based on what it says (and based on the fact on older versions of the form, that question is in the mother and father sections, thus it's about the parent(s)), you do not have to fill out that part, because your child is not claiming to be a U.S. citizen from birth. That part would only be filled out if your child was a U.S. citizen from birth, because for that, the citizen parent's physical presence in the U.S. is relevant.

Last edited by a moderator: