[N400] Tickets, tax and Selective service

lprkhoj

Registered Users (C)
I am about to file N400. I was going through the list of documents needed to be sent along with the form and have a couple of questions. I did go through the threads on the portal but couldn't find answers to my specific situation. Hence, posting them in a new thread. Appreciate responses.

1. I did have a court hearing reading a traffic ticket (speeding/parking) and judge made a decision on my non-contest plea and I ended up paying a fine (< $500). It was non DUI/DWI case neither did it lead to any arrests. I am mentioning this ticket in my N400 but should I be sending a copy (certified?) of the decision along with N400? I do have multiple speeding tickets (mentioning them all in N400) but this is the only one which was heard by the judge after I sent my plea. For the rest, I paid the fine and attended traffic school.

2. I was a legal non-immigrant (on F1) when I entered US and until beyond I turned 26. I understand that I wasnt required to register for Selective services but do I need to obtain a proof of it from SSS and send it along with N400?

3. I did have to make amends to my tax returns in the last 5 years and did interact with the IRS on the matter. Do I need to send copies of IRS letters along with N400? The amends were related to foreign accounts as I had entered the voluntary disclosure program (ovdi). I do not owe any taxes and have filed taxes for all my years here in the US.

1. Bring the court document for the ticket to the interview, don't send it with the application.

2. You were not required to register, and presumably you must be over 31 by now so even if you were supposed to register it doesn't matter any more.

3. No, you don't need to send those IRS letters. But you should bring tax transcripts to the interview just in case the interviewer asks for them.