N400 PROCESS

Nasuser

I am writing about an immigration issue for my husband. He has sent in his N400 application for citizenship, and it was received on April 24, 2015. He has done the biometrics appointment. When I called about the status, the customer service representative said they are now working on May 31, 2015 applications, and they haven't sent anything out for my husband. We have done two service requests, and we are currently waiting on a response to the second request (made January 19, 2016) -- it can take up to 30 days to receive a response. The first service request stated that "due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing." Is this normal? Is there anything else we can do? Do you have any idea why USCIS might have skipped over the application?

It can easily take this long to get an interview notice. Of course, it's possible to be skipped over if your file is misplaced. When you called, did you get a higher-level officer, or just an operator?

They respond to us saying ( We have Placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending....... we cannot predict when we will receive the results ))
it took very long time ....

is there any thing we can do ???

Hi Nasuser, I have a similar situation. My application was received on Jun 22, 2015, I did fingerprinting on July 21 and have not had an status update since my receipt notice. I put an inquiry on Jan 19, 2016 and got a form letter similar to yours "Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to ... . We regret any inconvenience ... ."

I will call them next week to talk to a higher officer. On some forums, I have read that we an call our representatives or the office of the ombudsman. Have you considered these options? Please keep us posted on your progress, and good luck!

I am writing about an immigration issue for my husband. He has sent in his N400 application for citizenship, and it was received on April 24, 2015. He has done the biometrics appointment. When I called about the status, the customer service representative said they are now working on May 31, 2015 applications, and they haven't sent anything out for my husband. We have done two service requests, and we are currently waiting on a response to the second request (made January 19, 2016) -- it can take up to 30 days to receive a response. The first service request stated that "due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing." Is this normal? Is there anything else we can do? Do you have any idea why USCIS might have skipped over the application?

Hello Nasuser,

Processing times can vary depending on background checks and your country of origin. Perhaps try to get an Info Pass appointment, after you can meet with an officer to answer questions about status.