Hi There, I applied for Citizenship N400 back in July, completed Biometric already but pending interview which I'm told is backed up 4 months. My Green Card is due to expire in Dec and I need to leave the country in Jan to travel for work. Any advice on options to get an extension or something in writing that enables me to travel would be most grateful. Can / should I apply to renew GC as an interim step? I was told previously doing so means I have two separate applications (inc N400) and this could create a "tug of war between the two" for my file? If I apply for GC renewal, can I visit Field Office to expedite this? Many thanks.