n400 interview cancelled

ducubarosso

Hi guys,

I was suposed to have the citizenship interview in Baltimore office at the end of april and one week before the interview I got a call from an officer with USCIS telling me that they have to cancell the intreview. I asked them why and he told me that my file did not reach Baltimore office.

A few days later I also received the letter in the mail about the cancelling of the interview.
I went to the Baltimore office anyway on the day of the interview, showed them both letters and a nice lady officer asked me to wait a few minutes until she research it.

After 30 to 40 min she came back and she told me that my file is not there and so far she does not have an answer for me. She wrote down my cell no to call me, but of course no one has called me since then.

3 weeks have passed since the day of the original interview.

What should I do? All the info on the net regarding these issues are from years 2008 to 2012. Nothing recent.

So I need guidance how to proceed further.

Thank you,

You do nothing but waiting for the interview letter. My interview was originally scheduled on the 12th of Jan, 2015. I got the cancellation letter two weeks prior. One month later, I got the interview rescheduled on March 18. My interview was postponed for two months from Jan 12, 2015. At the interview, I learned that my interview was delayed because of the background check. My background check was actually not cleared at the time of interview. The officer couldn't make a decision on the spot even through I aced the interview. Two weeks after the interview, I got the creamery letter in the mail. I post my interview experience with Las Vegas field office not long ago. Search the forum. It may help your interview.

Wait a month or so, if you didn't get an interview, you should go for an info pass to inquire if they received your file. If the file was not received ask them if they can contact the national benefit center to inquire about your file. If there were not helpful I would contact my congressman to send a follow up to the NBC.

Hi guys,

1 month and a half passed since they cancelled my interview and I still have no update.

I requested an info pass about 2 weeks ago and they told me my file is still at the national data base waiting for clearance.
So I can only wait for now. I don't know for how long.

I had the interview mid September. I passed the interview questions. They told me that a decision can not be made and I will have to wait for a supervisor to approve the file. they did not tell me why the initial interview got cancelled. I did not ask either. And since then I am still waiting. So far no changes on my file.

Hi guys,

I wanted to update you with my case. So I submitted the n400 in October 2014. In April 2015 they have scheduled me for the interview. 1 week before the interview they cancelled without any explanations. 5 months went down the line without any changes. Meantime every month I was at the Baltimore office with info pass. The only answers I was getting was " still pending", what's you rush you have this amount of years on the GC. Finally in September 2015 they schedule me for the interview. I was extatic of happy. I passed the interview but again the famous answer that recently I noticed is given a lot these days, " a decision can't be made at this time". I asked the officer how long do I have to wait. He lied to me. 2 3 weeks and you are done. I asked him. Are you sure? Yeah a supervisor has to overlook again your application and everything will be alright.

So I went home and start waiting. 90 days have passed. Did an inquire online. Answer still pending. I start doing again infopasses. Every time the the same answer. Your case is still pending or I will contact the officer whom you had the interview with to do a follow up. All lies. Later I found out that the officer was not even working there anymore.

After 120 days and reading all the stories from this forum I couldn't believe it that I will see myself included in this thread.

I decided to act. I search online and hired a lawyer. They had great reviews online. I paid for an initial visit . They sugar coated me like they have close ties with the office and they know everyone. I said. Ok. Let's do this. Trust me guys. It's a lot of money. They charged me full price like they have done my initial application. I swallowed it like a gold fish and said to myself. Suck it up. If this is the price to pay. Shut up.

Now the lawyers start doing info passes on my behalf. They were getting prompt answers but still no results.

4 months later still no up come. I was fed up .
I told the lawyers I wanted to fill out a 1447 b. They told me that they don't have expertise in this field but they have a referral for me to help me out. I desperately contacted that lawyer. Relaxed he wanted to charge me again an initial visit fee plus another thousands of dollars. In that moment I collapsed. I said thats it. I'm not the last idiot in America. There are at least tens of fellow illegals like me who took they matter in their own hands.

So I took 3 days off and read all the recent posts from this thread starting with 890 page. I created my own document and went to court in Baltimore. I went to 3 courts until I found the corect one. But I was still missing some documents.

So I told my lawyers to reach out to Baltimore office one more time and told them I give them.one more week before I go to court. This was happening mid June. Guess what guys last week I became a citizen.

So, as a conclusion, I still after almost 2 years of waiting , couldn't figure it out what was the reason for the delay. I don't have any tickets, citations, arrests, owe taxes. Nothing. The only thing that I can think of was more then 10 trips outside of US. All made in Europe. I'm also from Europe. My name is not common. I'm white.

So all is still a mystery but now I am happy and right now I am enjoying a good cigar and start looking for a federal job.

Good luck to all of you who are still finding yourself in the situations described above.