N400 application: Time Outside the US Question

rachyc

I have been an Illinois permanent resident since Feb 2008. Because of medical emergency, I had to go abroad (back to my homecountry where I had better medical health care) from mid June 2012 to Dec 2013. But I came back to the U.S. within the 6 month period, so I had 3 longer trips (almost 6 months) outside of U.S. (166 days, 172 days and 177 days.) (I was not able to travel back to Illinois home because of my medical conditions. I went to Guam Island, closer to home.)
On N400 instruction, it states to submit document "If you have taken any trip outside the US that lasted 6 months or more since becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident, send evidence that you (and your family) continued to live, work and/or keep ties to the U.S. Send IRS transcript/tax return or Rent or Mortgage payments and pay stubs."
Do I have to submit those proofs together with my application even if those trips are less than 6 months? (almost 6 month trips) Or is bringing those proofs to the interview sufficient? Also, I did not file a 2013 tax return because my income was less than $400 for that tax return year but my parents claimed me as dependent on their tax return that year. My parents tax return should be enough to prove? And, I have other tax returns for other years.

Thank you so much.

Take the proof with you but don't submit with the application. Only offer it to the officer at the interview IF you feel he/she casts doubt on your continuous residence.

Did your parents stay in the US?

Also, when you count the days for the trips, for example is 3/13/2016 to 3/25/2016 12 days or 13 days?

It's actually 11 days outside, because the day you leave and enter are counted as days in the US as you spent part of those days in the country.

Also, for the dates at the "Information about your Residence" part, should I put "Present" at the box for the address I'm currently living in or the date that I submit my application. (It is just a small detail I know..I just wanted to make sure I do everything right before I submit. Thank you

Present is fine. You will have a chance to correct anything during your interview when they go over the entire thing with you.