N-600K Help

Does anyone know in Part 1, which box to click if I file the application using the grandmother of my kids? The third option is confusing as it reads: The grandchild of a qualifying USC grandparent or the child ward of a USC legal guardian filing this application within five years of the death of the USC parent. Does the underlined section apply to the child ward or also to the grandchild? It's confusing. I feel that I have to check box 3 only if that underlined text does not apply to the grandparent. Thank you.

Does anyone know in Part 1, which box to click if I file the application using the grandmother of my kids? The third option is confusing as it reads: The grandchild of a qualifying USC grandparent or the child ward of a USC legal guardian filing this application within five years of the death of the USC parent. Does the underlined section apply to the child ward or also to the grandchild? It's confusing. I feel that I have to check box 3 only if that underlined text does not apply to the grandparent. Thank you.
You are the US citizen parent applying for your kids. Therefore, you check the first box, "The BIOLOGICAL child of a qualifying U.S. citizen (USC) parent filing this application." You may be using your parent (the child's grandparent)'s physical presence to qualify, but it is still you who is applying.

Sorry, I think I forgot to mention that I am an American citizen but I did not live in the US for five years. So I consider that I am not a "qualifying" parent and that's why I would jump to the third option. os this correct? thank you again

Sorry, I think I forgot to mention that I am an American citizen but I did not live in the US for five years. So I consider that I am not a "qualifying" parent and that's why I would jump to the third option. os this correct? thank you again
I know. Being a qualifying parent doesn't mean it's your physical presence that is counted. The N-600K form is almost always filed by the parent of the child. The parent then uses their own parent (the grandparent)'s physical presence. Only if the USC parent has died would a grandparent or guardian file the form.

Dear newacct, thank you for your reply. It is so desperate to be unable to get information from the consulate, the embassy, the USCIS Rome (I live abroad the US), all of them non-competent for N-600K and even to the USCIS national customer call center and have a "I don't know about that" response to clarify this point... And I am mostly afraid to do it wrong because the fees raised from 600 USD up to 1170 USD and checking the wrong box may derive in loosing the money. Do you have experience on this? The way you write I believe you are completely sure. Please reconfirm if you can :) Thank you!!

Dear newacct, thank you for your reply. It is so desperate to be unable to get information from the consulate, the embassy, the USCIS Rome (I live abroad the US), all of them non-competent for N-600K and even to the USCIS national customer call center and have a "I don't know about that" response to clarify this point... And I am mostly afraid to do it wrong because the fees raised from 600 USD up to 1170 USD and checking the wrong box may derive in loosing the money. Do you have experience on this? The way you write I believe you are completely sure. Please reconfirm if you can :) Thank you!!

Hello, you are in Italy ... i went directly to the office of USCIS Rome to clarify everything, by phone or email they say nothing.
Tell me what is your specific question ??