N-600K Help

Salvo.2015

I have only one question it is on Form N600K, presenting the citizenship to my son thru the grandfather, he do not found his Naturalizazione Certificate (lost in the house), we are using the old passports (prior birth of the child) and the new one, not expired, issued after the child birth.

I called yesterday USCIS number 18003755283, they have told me that "I have to follow the instructions," nice answer.
Here what instructions says on page 3:
""Proof of U.S. Citizenship of Qualifying Parent or Grandparent.
Examples of this are a U.S. birth certificate;
Form N-550, Certificate of Naturalization; Form N-560
Certificate of Citizenship; Form FS-240, Report of Birth
Abroad of United States Citizen; or a valid unexpired U.S. passport.
NOTE:
A passport must have been issued prior to your birth(the child)
if it is being provided as proof of U.S. citizenship.
You must
provide additional documents
including birth certificate or
naturalization certificate as evidence that your parent was a
U.S. citizen at the time of your birth if the passport was issued
after your birth. ""

It is confusion, before it's speaking of the parent and grandparent, in the note "A passport must be issued prior your birth if it is being provided as proof of U.S. citizenship" instead speaks only of the parent, I'm okay I have all the documents.

Here someone has had this experience and tell me that everything went ok. Or after you have sent all the documents with payments, they will seek me the duplicate of the "Certificate of Naturalizazione" ???

Thank to all
Ps: we have put the data of the "Certificate of Naturalization" that the USCIS offices in our country, gave us personally in presence, at an appointment, the USCIS agent of the office gave us the date of naturalization, place of naturalization, Certificate number and A-number.

That instruction doesn't make any sense. The parent does not have to have been a US citizen at the time of your birth to use the INA 322 process. Neither does the grandparent. It is probably a copy and paste error from N-600 or something.

Thanks for the information "the parent does not have to be a US citizen at the time of your birth to use the INA 322 process".
What about the "Certificate of Naturlizazione" I put the data on Form N-600K that the USCIS office in my country gave me , but I present as proof document the grandfather passport.
It is ok ?? They will not reserch me a copy of the Certificate of Naturalization in a later time ??
Sorry if I repeat some questions but they told me that if i do something wrong we lose the fee of $ 600.00 did not return them back.

I am sending the two Form N-600K for my two children (12 Years-7Years/2003-2009)at Pheonix.
It’s 10 days I reread everything, to not forget anything, here is the summary of my documents, 31 pages of documents, of course I removed the data here in the message:

Documents of the Child
1) Copy of Birth certificates issued and certificate by the Cityhall , in international format, with traslation below and behind in the numbered boxes;
2) Copy of Certificate of “Family Status” and Residence issued and certificate in June 2016 by the Cityhall ;
·3) Translation of the Certificate of Family Status and Residence of the US citizen son;
4) Copy of valid unexpired foreign Identity Card expiration date 2021 and valid unexpired Tin number card expiration 2020;
5) Copy of a valid unexpired foreign passport issued 2016.

Documents of the Us father of the child
1) Copy of a valid unexpired U.S. passport issued 2015;
2) Certificate of birth issued by Department of Health as proof of parent U.S. citizenship before the birth of the children;
3) Certificate of Birth Registration from the Bureau of Vital Records;
4) Copy of the Marriage, issued and certificate by the foreign Cityhall in multilingual format, with traslation below and behind in the numbered boxes;
5) ) Copy of valid unexpired foreign Identity Card expiration 2026.

Documents of the US grandfather
1) Copies of passports, first passport issued 1989, since he became a US citizen and the penultimate passport issued 1999, these passports are issued prior the birth of the children;
2) Copy of a valid unexpired U.S. passport issued 2016, as proof of U.S. Citizenship of qualifying Grandparent;
3) “Certification of extract from records”, (Form SSA-7050-F4) from the Social Security Administration Baltimore Maryland, of “Statment of Earnings” Certified as proof of required “Physical Presence” for more then 35 years in the United States, Form SSA-473 issued 2016;
4) Certificate marriage grandfather at the “Saint Finbars Roman Catholic Church” Brooklyn, NY;
5) Social Security Benefit statment Form SSA-1099, 2015, this payment shows that my father (grandfather), is a retired Social Security, which is it needs number of credits to get retirement benefits, they are 40 credits (10 years of work);
6) Copies of three driver licenses of New York State;
7) Copy of lasts “Resident Income Tax Return IT-201”, of the last 5 years of work of 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008;
8) Copy of lasts “W-2 Earnings Summary”, of the lasts years, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 before he retired on Social Security in 2008.
9) Original and copy of the check of the USA Bank from personal account of grandfather of $. 600,00 made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

How’s that work ?? Are they good documents ?? Theres are new updated news ??

PS: The only document that I do not have is the “Certificate of Naturalizazion” Grandpa, that many have confirmed that the renewed passport is a good proof of citizenship.

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!

Hi to all,
I am about to file the n600k form, and have gathered some evidence for the grandfather's presence in the usa, in order to naturalize my children though him...Please can you tell me if it sounds good and persuasive to you?
1. Social security records, statement of earnings, certified, with names of employers and quarterly earnings from 1966-1977
2. Petition for naturalization, certified copy from the national archives at boston, which states that he naturalized in 1976 in the district court of boston, , and the number of the naturalization certificate which was issued
3. Greek passport which has a stamp that he entered usa in 1966 and never leaved+ all his usa passports! with the first one having a stamp that he left to Greece in 1977. So the combined information from my father's greek passport and his first us passport prove that he lived in boston for 12 years.
4. Certificate of residency from the city of boston, which states addresses and periods of time he lived in boston(1966-1977), original and official with stamps and signatures.
5. Original copy of the deed by which he bought a house in boston, in 1969.
6. Property tax records from the city of boston, certified copies, which show that he was billed for his property (the house he bought) from 1969 up to 1977, when we left and sold it.
7. Document/certificate that in 1977 he was a registered voter.
8. Consular reoprt of my father's death in 2008- he died as a us citizen, never renounced us citizenship.

Do you think these document are good enough?
I would really appreciate your help and opinions!
Vasileios.

P.S. Salvo, I think that you have the best evidence that somebody can produce. In my opinion citizenship for your children through your father is very easy, given the really strong evidence you have.

Thanks for writing. I think that you too are in good position, especially having produced "Social security records, statement of earnings, certified" is great as an official document. And as child's father documents are you ok ??
I sent everythin 3 June 2016 from Europe and yesterday 16 June 2016 I get this notification:

"USCIS Acceptance Confirmation
Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.
This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE"

Hope this is good news !!!
It's a start after years of doubts, paper documents, visits to the embassy, I'm excited for my children.

We have to stay in touch and continue to describe our experiences.

Hi Salvo,
in a few weeks you will probably receive the interview date- after all, you have, in my opinion, very strong evidence!
By the way, how can i send from greece the 600 dollars fee? we dont use money orders here... keep in touch and let me know of the outcome of your application!

I send an USA bank check they gut get the money the day the Form N600K arrived to them.
Now i got my "Receipt Notice Form I-797 original" they arrived by mail !!!

Hi Salvo,
Happy to hear that your case is processing. I hope that the outcome will be positive for you and your family members!
By the way, I have some news too, which I want to share with you: I received in Friday from uscis, after a foia request, my father's immigration file, which contained the valuable for my purposes
Copy of naturalization certificate, and all his immigration documents. I guess that these documents, added to the abundant evidence I have for his presence in usa, allow me to be optimistic about my case.
Still I am concerned about the check:
If I have somebody in usa who can write the check for me, will it be ok?
Vasileios

Great news !!!
But tell me from here you recive the file fron USCIS in Grece or from USA and you pay something for the Copy of Naturalization ??

Yes for the check but you have to send it in the same envelop of the Form N600K, it is important how you fill the check look here is the site :
https://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-immigration-fees

But the important filling ckeck is :
-) Pay to the order : U.S. Department of Homeland Security;
-) For: Form N600K and the name of yhe child.

Another suggestion, I know I think I'm picky, I found it written somewhere that behind the picture of the child you have to write the name and Form N600K. ok kip in touch ...
But none of the 330 who read our messages have had this experience or tells you something ???

Hi again,
I made a foia request in 25/01/2016, and in Friday 24/06/2016 I received the immigration file of my father from uscis in usa, without paying anything! Of course I received copies (they do not certify anything), but I assume that in the interview if I provide them with the cd they send to me and the letter from them things will be ok... In the meantime, I suppose they will make their checks from their archives to verify that I gave them true documents and not forgeries.
All these, 37 pages from the immigration file of my father, containing petition to file for naturalization, petition for naturalization, certificate of naturalization, green card and lots of other useful documents were obtained via the g639 form, and for nothing- only a six month wait.
By the way, I am expecting from the department of state some other documents too, although I think I am pretty well with those I already have...
Thanks for instructions about the checks. So you insist: if they get the money from the bank account of a friend, but with the signs in the check you mentioned I will have no problems, correct?
Keep in touch, I hope the best for both of us,
Vasileios

mmmhhhh it's important to USCIS have the right money, they just cash mine check the same day they recive the Form.
Try to call 1-800-375-5283 from my country in Europe it's work and ask them for vyour frineds check... but the call it is not free. ;);)

Ok, if I send it from a greek bank which has a us bank with which it cooperates, will it be ok?
I mean:
I send the 600 dollar fee from the national bank of Greece, and uscis will cash it from deutche bank. Do you think it will work?

Would this fee change be retroactive? I sent my application in on June 15th, and the check cleared. They can't go back and ask for the difference, can they?