1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Obama's LEGAL immigration reform 2015.

    What does it mean? Listen to video discussions by Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna on Immigration.com YouTube Channel. Subscribe to Our YouTube channel to be notified when new updates are posted.

N-600 ~ what documents do I have to submit?

Discussion in 'Life After Citizenship' started by Nessa, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Nessa

    Nessa New Member

    Hello everyone,

    I want to apply for N-600, "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" for my 11 year-old daughter.

    Now I am a bit confused regarding what documents I need to include with my application...

    Do they just want documents for her, or for me as well?

    Here's what I'm thinking:

    I know for sure that I have to submit:

    • 3 passport photos of her
    • her birth certificate (certified)
    • a copy of her green card
    • proof of residence

    I'm not sure what they want from me:

    • my birth certificate?
    • marriage certificate? I don't understand why they would need this...? I am claiming citizenship for her through me (her mother).
    • proof of US citizenship? Do I have to send them my naturalization certificate? If yes, the original or a copy? But they are asking for the certificate number under 5.F. - I'm confused about this one....
    • name change documents (court order)? I did change my middle name when I filed for N-400.

    Is there anyone who has applied for N-600 before, that can tell me exactly what I need to send to USCIS? I want to make sure that I don't forget anything... not to delay this any more than necessary.

    Thanks in advance for your replies/advice!

  2. Samir Das

    Samir Das Registered Users (C)

    N-600 application

    You have to fill up the N-600 and send that with:
    1. A copy of her green card (both sides);
    2. A copy of her birth certificate, which would also mention the names of both parents;
    3. Your naturalization certificate number;
    4. Proof that she has been residing in the US may be needed at time of the interview--basically her school records;
    5. The necessary fees and photographs of your daughter.
    Hope this helps.
  3. Nessa

    Nessa New Member

    Thank you for your reply Samir!

    I wasn't sure whether or not they needed anything from me, like the actual naturalization certificate... because I had to send that in to get a passport. I'm hoping to get it back in about 4 months... :rolleyes:

    I should be all set then :)
  4. netra0

    netra0 Registered Users (C)

    I have a similar question: I am applying from Maryland.
    Following are the documents that I think is needed while applying for N600.

    Certified birth certificate - Should I send a copy ( notarised) or should I send the original?
    Marriage certificate - same question as above
    Proof of US citizenship - This is clear, as they are asking for a copy of the original
    Copy of the Parmanent Resident Card - This is clearly mentioned. So they are asking for a copy
    Proof of required residence or Physical presence. - Can I send my drivers license or DMV registration document?

    Urgent, please advice

    N600 applicant

Share This Page