N-600 Question

TerryT

I\'m in the process of attempting to help a young man, who is a partner in my on-line business attain his US Citizenship. His father is of US birth and citizenship, his mother is Canadian. He currently resides in Canada. The individual I am helping meets all of the requirements to claim his citizenship on his father\'s side.

He was attempting entry into the US to begin the process of applying for citizenship but was not permitted entry due to a conviction when he was 18 in Canada. He has no record in the US.

My question is that if he\'s not permitted entry, how can he gain his citizenship? He won\'t be permitted to cross for his INS interview.

I would appreciate ANY help you could provide.

Your business partner should to go to the nearest US Embassy/Consulate to evaluate his claim to citi

the US Embassy\'s deal with these claims all the time. Since he resides outside the United States, the nearest US Consulate/Embassy has jurisdiction. It will be, essentially, the same procedure, same documentation required, as processing with the INS in the US. In addition, the Embassy/Consulate will be more familiar with the local laws & customs.