N-400 submitted in August: no IL received yet

david_austin

Registered Users (C)
Dears,

I submitted my PD on N-400 is Aug 8 but still no IL (already had infopass & opened last week a service request, usual "no-answers" form USCIS).

Should I start to be worried?

Someone else in my situation?

Thanks

Based on 3yr marriage San Antonio Field Office

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008
N-400 Priority Date 08/08/2008
Fingerprints Letter Received 08/26/2008
Fingerprints Done 09/10/2008
Interview Additional Document needed 09/09/2008
Interview Letter Received NOT YET

What did they tell you at Infopass? Where they waiting for any documentation from your side (your timeline indicates this).?

Dears,

I submitted my PD on N-400 is Aug 8 but still no IL (already had infopass & opened last week a service request, usual "no-answers" form USCIS).

Should I start to be worried?

Someone else in my situation?

Thanks

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

According to your timeline, you've already had your interview on 9/9/08. If that's the case, you're probably referring to the OATH letter, correct?

What did they tell you at Infopass? Where they waiting for any documentation from your side (your timeline indicates this).?

The needed doc is the Yellow letter (bring @ Interview your birth certificate and your daughter one's (who is US citizen))

At Infopass they told me my name is cleared but the didn't receive yet my file form the Texas Service Center and to come back in 6 mo ! (I applied 5+mo ago
and San Antonio processing times are 5mo...)

Thanks

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

Either schedule another Infopass and ask to speak to supervisor to request file from Texas, or get USCIS ombudsman involved in your case.

Either schedule another Infopass and ask to speak to supervisor to request file from Texas, or get USCIS ombudsman involved in your case.

Thanks.

I hope my service request will "shake" the process (the IO told me that this is the main purpose).

I am going to schedule another infopass for beginning of Feb.

I really cannot understand where they improved their processes:
with so few applications now (I see most of people here especially in S.Antonio DO getting the IL in 2mo) after they bumped the fee to $600+.

BTW: I have a good job, married with US citizen, US daughter, never took a ticket in my life, from a US friendly country...what are they scrutinizing?

My impression is that my file is buried and forgot in some drawer....that's it...

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

According to your timeline, you've already had your interview on 9/9/08. If that's the case, you're probably referring to the OATH letter, correct?

No.

It is the yellow letter (Additional Document needed for Interview)

Thanks

David

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008
Additional Document needed for Interview (Yellow Letter) 09/09/2008

Thanks.

I hope my service request will "shake" the process (the IO told me that this is the main purpose).

I am going to schedule another infopass for beginning of Feb.

I really cannot understand where they improved their processes:
with so few applications now (I see most of people here especially in S.Antonio DO getting the IL in 2mo) after they bumped the fee to $600+.

BTW: I have a good job, married with US citizen, US daughter, never took a ticket in my life, from a US friendly country...what are they scrutinizing?

My impression is that my file is buried and forgot in some drawer....that's it...

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

Interesting that they told you they are waiting for a file from Texas since my impression was that all files are sent to NBC from service center (in your case Texas) after initial processing.

The needed doc is the Yellow letter (bring @ Interview your birth certificate and your daughter one's (who is US citizen))

At Infopass they told me my name is cleared but the didn't receive yet my file form the Texas Service Center and to come back in 6 mo ! (I applied 5+mo ago
and San Antonio processing times are 5mo...)

Thanks

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

Yo David - They asked you to bring your birth certificate??? I never heard of this one before!!!!! Don't you have a passport?

To my understanding, right before they transfer your file from TSC to your DO they send you the Additional Document notice. Sorry bro but I've never heard of anyone has been waiting for 4 months after they got the Additional Doc. notice. bug them to death

Its a very common request for them to request us to bring Birth Certificate for interview.

I got it, my wife got it. And couple of my friends got it too.

Yo David - They asked you to bring your birth certificate??? I never heard of this one before!!!!! Don't you have a passport?

To my understanding, right before they transfer your file from TSC to your DO they send you the Additional Document notice. Sorry bro but I've never heard of anyone has been waiting for 4 months after they got the Additional Doc. notice. bug them to death

This is the weird part...

After I received the additional Doc notice I was sure IL was on his way because it meant that they had a look at my file (and notice the want my an dmy daughter's B. Certif)

I have 3 Hypothesis:

1) IO after sending me Yellow Letter just lost my file (just put in the wrong drawer instead to my DO)
2) I apply on the 90 day cond so he realized I could not have the interview in Oct (and he forgot my file afterward)
3) They screened what they would liketo have as doc; realize they want also the B.cert but not processing the file right away

Let's see if the service request will generate some results....

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

USCIS ombudsman

Bobsmith,

can I get USCIS ombudsman if my case is still within the processing times?

I am outside of San Antonio proc times (5months) but still within the 210 days estimated in the NOA received on 08/08/08

Thanks

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

Thanks

david_austin, take it from my timeline .. don't wait. investigate and start making noise. Even if your timeline is still not outside of the processing times, files are getting processed quicker than what they make it seem.

Make InfoPass. I was going every month. Keep copies of the appointment notices for your files. Call USCIS and request to speak to a 2 lv IO. They will give you a hard time to talk to a 2nd lv IO, but if you request it they have to transfer you. They are stuborn, so be assertive but nice. The phone representative can't tell you any accurate information, so make sure that the information you get is from a 2nd Level IO. I learned this after a while. Start writting letters to your Service Center, DO and DHS requesting an interview. Ombudsman can't do S&@t. I placed a request and when they wrote back they spelled my name wrong and referred to Mr when I am a Mrs. They don't even know my gender, they are lost.

Please start acting now or else you will wait a long time.

Good Luck

david_austin, take it from my timeline .. don't wait. investigate and start making noise. Even if your timeline is still not outside of the processing times, files are getting processed quicker than what they make it seem.

Make InfoPass. I was going every month. Keep copies of the appointment notices for your files. Call USCIS and request to speak to a 2 lv IO. They will give you a hard time to talk to a 2nd lv IO, but if you request it they have to transfer you. They are stuborn, so be assertive but nice. The phone representative can't tell you any accurate information, so make sure that the information you get is from a 2nd Level IO. I learned this after a while. Start writting letters to your Service Center, DO and DHS requesting an interview. Ombudsman can't do S&@t. I placed a request and when they wrote back they spelled my name wrong and referred to Mr when I am a Mrs. They don't even know my gender, they are lost.

Please start acting now or else you will wait a long time.

Good Luck

Thanks.

I already had an infopass 3 weeks ago (palnning next in 2-3 weks) and start a service request on my case.

They told me my name chack is cleared.

What's going on?

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

I'm 3 year based too and can transfer to 5 yrs soon. I don't want to be pessimistic, but they have created me to be this way, lol. For real, they will tell you anything you want to hear. I thinik I wasted a lot of time or maybe life wanted me to learn patience :)

Bobsmith,

can I get USCIS ombudsman if my case is still within the processing times?

I am outside of San Antonio proc times (5months) but still within the 210 days estimated in the NOA received on 08/08/08

Thanks

The USCIS Ombudsman will go by posted processing time, not the eta on NOA so you can have them inquire on your behalf.

The USCIS Ombudsman will go by posted processing time, not the eta on NOA so you can have them inquire on your behalf.

Thanks a lot!

Do you know how to do it?

I cannot find the info in this forum or USCIS website.

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008

Dear Bob:

I just found the info about how to contact the Ombudsman (on www.dhs.gov).

Couple of questions:

1) What's the difference between a Service request (that I did last week, no answer yet) and putting in the loop the Ombudsman? (he should do the same thing, a search on my case)

2) In dhs.gov they suggest the following steps before contacting the Ombudsman:

a) check USCIS case online (useless)
b) Infopass (already done)
c) call NCSC (National Customer Service Center) at 800-375-5283

What is NCSC?
How can they help?

Thanks again

David

Dear Bob:

I just found the info about how to contact the Ombudsman (on www.dhs.gov).

Couple of questions:

1) What's the difference between a Service request (that I did last week, no answer yet) and putting in the loop the Ombudsman? (he should do the same thing, a search on my case)

2) In dhs.gov they suggest the following steps before contacting the Ombudsman:

a) check USCIS case online (useless)
b) Infopass (already done)

What is NCSC?
How can they help?

Thanks again

David

Forget about my question on

What is NCSC?

I just realized it's the same old 1-800# I called million time...

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008