N-400 Question

Hidimba

Registered Users (C)
Q1. Do I need to mention ANY membership including technical like IEEE etc for following question?

8. a. Have you EVER been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society, or similar group in the United States or in any other place?

Q2. In Oath requirements (ie question 34 to 39 of N400) am I supposed to say "Yes" to all of them?

I know many people have already completed N400, so please post the correct answers for above two.

Thanks in advance.

Hidimba said:
Q1. Do I need to mention ANY membership including technical like IEEE etc for following question?

8. a. Have you EVER been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund, foundation, party, club, society, or similar group in the United States or in any other place?

Q2. In Oath requirements (ie question 34 to 39 of N400) am I supposed to say "Yes" to all of them?

I know many people have already completed N400, so please post the correct answers for above two.

Thanks in advance.
Hidimba,

I went ahead and included such memberships e.g., ASME etc. The way I looked at it was that it might be overkill, but nothing wrong with listing them.

As far as your second question, I personally said "Yes."

Does this incude membership like

AAA, Delta Skymile etc. I guess I am not getting what to include and what not to include.

Hidimba said:
AAA, Delta Skymile etc. I guess I am not getting what to include and what not to include.
List maybe 4-6 of the most important stuff. AAA, delta skymile, things like this are not something they really care about.

kirit

Hidimba said:
Then which one they do care? Can you give few examples?

Perhaps political, religious organizations etc. I do not think, USCIS cares for your Delta, AA frequent flyer memberships.

Does Costco membership need to be listed then?

JoeF said:
AAA is a club, so that needs to be listed. Frequent Flyer programs are not organizations, associations, etc., so they don't have to be listed.
Things like car clubs, professional organizations like IEEE, ACM, etc., Sierra club, etc. all count.