N 400 process taking too long

DVBD

Hellow every one,
We (me and wife) have done our FP in may 2016. Since that we been waiting for our interview date. Its been 7 month! In between time we have a baby in july 2016. Our baby is 5 months old now. Can any one have any idea whats going on our case. I have some question in my mind-
1. We didn't mentioned our baby in N400, cause baby born after we submitted the form. should i have to notify uscis now?
2. How long we have to wait, any one have any idea in texas?
3. If its really takes too long, can we travel aboard in between time?
will highly appreciate your comment in here. Thanks

1. You don't need to notify. When you go to an interview you can mention that you had a baby, either spontaneously or when the interviewer gets to that part of the form.
2. It's different for every case. It varies from months to years.
3. Yes, as long as you don't interrupt continuous residence by going on a trip of more than 6 months.

1. You don't need to notify. When you go to an interview you can mention that you had a baby, either spontaneously or when the interviewer gets to that part of the form.
2. It's different for every case. It varies from months to years.
3. Yes, as long as you don't interrupt continuous residence by going on a trip of more than 6 months.
Thank you newaact.

Hello,

I have a question regarding N400 processing time. Just trying to get an idea as to how much longer i need to wait for the citizenship interview.

The current 'processing date' for the northern CA field office is March 2016. I submitted my N400 in Aug '16 and had the biometric appointment Sep first week. It is now December and i'm still waiting for the interview appointment. Since they are currently processing March '16 applications, is it safe to assume it will probably take ~5 more months before they process mine (submitted in Aug) ?

Theoretically it is possible that uscis processes all applications submitted between March and Aug in much less than 5 months ... but in reality is it usually the case that they take much longer ? Hopefully this doesn't get dragged out like my GC processing in the past !

Thanks in advance for your time.

go to this website:
http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400

click the green plus sign "show filters"

select the drop down menu "USCIS District Office:"

pick your District Office

click the "go" button

you can now see other applicants in your District Office and the processing times on the various stages of your application.

You should also add your details so others can be helped by seeing the progress on your case.

we have the same case i had my biometric last sept 2016 and this is january 2017 now and still waiting for my interview..
but my online accnt said there that my interview has been scheduled, USCIS will mail the appointment notice it has been 2 months since i received that update..
just like you just waiting and wondering :-(

we have the same case i had my biometric last sept 2016 and this is january 2017 now and still waiting for my interview..
but my online accnt said there that my interview has been scheduled, USCIS will mail the appointment notice it has been 2 months since i received that update..
just like you just waiting and wondering :-(
I just receive my interview invitation. It's took almost 9 months! For me it's long! Hope you will get yours soon.

Hello,

I have a question regarding N400 processing time. Just trying to get an idea as to how much longer i need to wait for the citizenship interview.

The current 'processing date' for the northern CA field office is March 2016. I submitted my N400 in Aug '16 and had the biometric appointment Sep first week. It is now December and i'm still waiting for the interview appointment. Since they are currently processing March '16 applications, is it safe to assume it will probably take ~5 more months before they process mine (submitted in Aug) ?

Theoretically it is possible that uscis processes all applications submitted between March and Aug in much less than 5 months ... but in reality is it usually the case that they take much longer ? Hopefully this doesn't get dragged out like my GC processing in the past !

Thanks in advance for your time.
My interview invitation latter took 9moths after bio! Hope you will get yours soon.

I filed my application in January of 2016, had my Bio done in march and so far i haven't heard anything about an interview. It's been more than a year, i went twice to the USCIS local office and all they say that the case is in PROCESS and i have to wait. I've been waiting for than a year and i have no clue to what is happening.

A
I filed my application in January of 2016, had my Bio done in march and so far i haven't heard anything about an interview. It's been more than a year, i went twice to the USCIS local office and all they say that the case is in PROCESS and i have to wait. I've been waiting for than a year and i have no clue to what is happening.

Are you perhaps from one of the countries designated as terrorist friendly countries like Afghanistan who have excruciatingly long background checks?

A
Are you perhaps from one of the countries designated as terrorist friendly countries like Afghanistan who have excruciatingly long background checks?
If you're referring to the 7 countries in Trump's designation.. Afghanistan is not one of them.

If USCIS says the n400 is in process, then you have to wait. What is your current nationality?

Had a date of interview about nine month later!! Surprisingly, after 8 days later receive the oath invitation call before getting latter! I talk with couple people at oath ceremony, they had to wait about one year too, to get done whole process! Now base of my experiences, this is now now time duration of citizenship process! Best of luck every one.

DVBD has your interview came up yet or are your still waiting? I'm in the exact time frame as you and still waiting for my scheduled interview. I'm really worried because my green card is expiring in May not sure if it will affect my application if they interview me with an expired green card or if should just renew my green card as I wait for my interview

Anybody of October 2016 filers here?
Atlanta
Application sent: 10/09/16
USPS delivered: 10/11/16
Biometric done: 11/15/16
Interview letter: still waiting 6 months and one week from now.
And online status has changed since 2 months and half from now "we started scheduling process for your form N-400 application of Naturalization. We will send you an interview notice".
Nothing until now

Last edited: