N-400 photo style changed w.e.f. Aug. 02

LUNAmoped

Registered Users (C)
USCIS changed the photo style for N-400 from side faced to frontal faced effective August 02, 2004.

They will start rejecting N-400 applications for those who send the side faced photos after September 01, 2004.

Worse part is that I went to a studio this morning for side-faced photos. When I came back and saw the website to make sure I am not missing anything.....they changed the photo style. I have to go back again for front faced pics. Lucky that I checked their website or I was screwed.....

Re: Photos

Hi,

Can you tell me (the link) where you found the new photo requirements. I just checked the USCIS web site and found the below requirements which seems the same as the original requirement.

Thanks

2. Get two photographs taken
You should include two color photographs with your application. If you do not send photographs with your
application, USCIS will return the application to you.
Your photographs should be the same size as the sample below. Be sure there is enough white space in the margin of the photographs so you will have room to sign your full name if your application is approved. The photographs
must also be:
• unmounted and printed on thin paper, on a white
background with a 3/4 profile view of the right side of your
face and your right ear; and
• taken within 30 days of the date they are sent to USCIS.
Finally, your head should be bare (unless you are required to wear a headdress by a religious order). In all cases your facial features must be visible. You should print your name and “A”– number lightly in pencil on the back of each photograph. For more information on the
photograph requirements, see the ingle page titled “Color hotograph Specifications,” located in the back pocket