N-400- How many times have u been married

TPK

Registered Users (C)
I am stuck at the question: How many times have you been married? - does this refer to marraiges of the past and does not include the current marrqaige?
I am currently married and this is my only marraige. Should I answer '1' or '0'.

The other reason I am stuck on this is because queation G in part 1 asks if u r current marital status. For which I answered married

Please share ur thoughts

Thanks in advance

TPK

I wanna add to this question..
I filled my N-400 and already put one for myself...
My wife and I were never married before. It is our first marriage and last as well (hopefully).
However, the question regarding the current spouse :
How many times has your current spouse been married (including annuled marriages)?

Logically, since the question says your current spouse (this means they already know she is currently married), then it makes sense to put in 0 (no previous marriages).
I answered 1 and for previous husband name , I put in N/A.

What do you guys think?

I wanna add to this question..
I filled my N-400 and already put one for myself...
My wife and I were never married before. It is our first marriage and last as well (hopefully).
However, the question regarding the current spouse :
How many times has your current spouse been married (including annuled marriages)?

Logically, since the question says your current spouse (this means they already know she is currently married), then it makes sense to put in 0 (no previous marriages).
I answered 1 and for previous husband name , I put in N/A.

What do you guys think?

I have been married number of times so I don't know what to tell you ;) just kidding...Ok, on a serious note.....if this is your first marriage and so is your spouse's.....both of you need to put "1". Now don't waste too much time on this question, please move on to the next one.:)

Yes I found out the answer was 1 myself during my interview. The IO asked me how many times my wife "has" been married. I replied none, thinking he was asking besides this one. He then looked at me and then asked me the question again. I said no other time. He then looked at me with an obvious smirk on his face and said "is your wife married now?", I stated yes, he then asked again "So how many times has she been married?". I'm like ooooooh 1 and he laughed and checked off his notes.

Sometimes in the interview the simpliest things can be so hard to figure out ha ha...

Continuing it a bit more :)... What should we fill in for items where we don't have any information to provide? Should we leave them blank (the no-brainer answer), or write 'NA' or 'Not Applicable'? I will explain.

For instance, in the spousal marital history item G, let's assume the spouse has had a total of 1 marriage, including the present. So we write 1 in the box. Now below this, the item 'If your spouse has ever ben married before...' has five questions. Should we just leave them empty or write 'NA'? Eg for: Prior Spouse's Family Name.

What's the best practice for completing such items? Anything to do/avoid in such items?

Many thanks!

OYeah

I put N/A for those. It's better to put N/A I think rather then leaving it blank. If it's blank they might assume you forgot to answer the question, while a N/A means you read the question and are answering this does not apply to my case...

Thanks warlord. The reason I was wondering was since there seem to be many boxes/lines on the N-400 form that could be blank, i.e. that qualify for putting a 'N/A' comment in them.
(The example I gave above was just one case.)

Thanks.
OYeah