N-400 denied yesterday, March 22, 2013 - advice please!

Hi There,
First I wish you best of luck with whatever you decide to do now. Did you consult an attorney regarding the better way to go about it? Is it possible to simply re apply under the 5 year rule if you are denied?

I am in a similar situation. I did not receive any kind of decision yet, and had my second interview about a week ago. I was wondering if you could tell me a little about your second interview, and what happened next?

Thanks!

Hello,
I have not consulted an attorney, at this point. In my second interview on March 22, the RFE info was submitted. Interview went fairly well. Was told file will be recommended for approval by IO. Then was told by IO to wait in waiting area to get supervisors approval. After only 5-10 minutes, IO came out and said file not approved by supervisor; she said that supervisor commented that joint names on documents were lacking. She said that I am now eligible to apply under 5 yr rule and will be approved next time around. I have not received my formal decision as yet and am hoping that a thorough review of my file will result in an approval.

What field office are you dealing with Maxie1? I am dealing with NYC. Thanks for the good wishes and best of luck to you! Keep us updated on your situation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I have not consulted an attorney, at this point. In my second interview on March 22, the RFE info was submitted. Interview went fairly well. Was told file will be recommended for approval by IO. Then was told by IO to wait in waiting area to get supervisors approval. After only 5-10 minutes, IO came out and said file not approved by supervisor; she said that supervisor commented that joint names on documents were lacking. She said that I am now eligible to apply under 5 yr rule and will be approved next time around. I have not received my formal decision as yet and am hoping that a thorough review of my file will result in an approval.

What field office are you dealing with Maxie1? I am dealing with NYC. Thanks for the good wishes and best of luck to you! Keep us updated on your situation :)

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm dealing with the Chicago office. After our second interview I checked the case status online, and they are sending us an additional RFE. I'm just hoping it will all resolve soon and in a positive way. Again, I wish you luck, and would love to hear updates on your case.

After our second interview I checked the case status online, and they are sending us an additional RFE.

Wow.....did you guys receive the RFE as yet? If so, what are they requesting this time around and when do you have to go back with the information? Wondering if they'll decide to send us a 2nd RFE as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.....did you guys receive the RFE as yet? If so, what are they requesting this time around and when do you have to go back with the information? Wondering if they'll decide to send us a 2nd RFE as well.

We didnt receive it yet, I checked online and it stated that one was sent on Friday. But I knew to expect it since the officer told us that is what she was going to do... I will update you as soon as I get it on what else they ask us to submit. Any news on your case?

Things will be much easier if you apply with the 5 year rule, and you're eligible to apply with it right now. You became eligible to apply with the 5-year rule in December; I'm surprised you simply didn't wait the extra 6 months after June 2012. Make sure you at least have a state ID or driver's license that reflects your current address.

See post #3, where I talked about hindsight being 20/20, application under 5 year rule and the fact that I already have a state ID.

Kiaaadam is a spammer. Kiaaadam's post is a copy of the last paragraph of post #2, and has spam links in his/her/its signature.

I am confuse . You were denied and still went to the oath ceremony ? How as that possible.......and WHY was your N-400 denied ?

Marital union: any input would be appreciated....thanks

re: Marital union: any input would be appreciated....thanks

Hello,

First off, I would like to thank all for their help during my journey so far.

As mentioned in my previous posts, I supplied info on March 22, 2013 re: N-14.

So far, I supplied:

(1) Wife's birth certificate, passport, (she is a U.S. citizen)
(2) Children's birth certificates (U.S. and Canadian)
(3) My IRS transcripts for past 5 years (filing status: married filing separately)
(4) My bank statements for past 3 years
(5) Written affidavit of support from cousin that we reside with him and his family, for the past 3 years, along with deed for their home and 3 years utility bills, as requested by IO on January 14, 2013
(6) Written affidavit from me stating that (a) wife and I for past five years do not have any: assets or income, joint bank account, credit cards, insurance, utilities bills and (b) wife did not file tax returns as she was not required to (no income or assets to report).
(7) Showed IO pictures, from last summer, of family and I. She asked if she can attach one in my file and I agreed

Do you think I have supplied enough info to prove marital union?

Your opinions please.....just trying to get others' point of view.

I'm not sure where this is going, but have not received formal decision in writing. Based on readings here, it appears that decisions of IO and supervisors can change even if verbal decision was given.

Thanks for your time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping hope alive...no formal decision received as yet.....hoping for that Oath letter!

Here is my journey thus far:

GC holder since March 21, 2008 (married to U.S. citizen since 1997)

6/11/12: N-400 sent via UPS to Lewisville, TX
6/12/12: N-400 delivered
6/13/12: NOA received (Priority Date: 06/12/12)
7/18/12: FP notice recd
8/09/12: FP scheduled - Done
9/04/12: In line for Interview scheduling
10/12/12: NOA received, Interview scheduled
14/01/13: Interview Done, N-14 "Request for evidence" given to me
22/03/13: Second interview. Info submitted. Was told file approved by IO, then was told by IO not approved by Supervisor
X/XX/13: Oath scheduling que
X/XX/13: Oath Letter received
X/XX/13: Oath Ceremony
X/XX/13: Applied for Passport
X/XX/13: Received Passport