N-400 application with DUI conviction prior to immigration

korgull

I immigrated to the U.S. from the U.K. in 2001. In 1997, I was convicted of a DUI in the U.K. Lost my driving privileges, paid a hefty fine, but regained my British license after that in 1999. In 2000 my fiancee filed for a K1 and I included a copy of my U.K. police report with the I-129f package. Have kept my nose clean since arriving in the U.S. (save for a lone speeding ticket 4 years ago) and am looking to file my N-400 next year when my permanent resident's card is up for renewal anyway.

My question is not about declaring the DUI arrest and conviction (that is, of course, a given), but I do need to obtain yet another copy of my U.K. police record to file with the N-400? Would CIS not still have that on file from the I-129f, and as long as I (again) declared it be alright?

I'm not a British citizen (I'm from another E.U. member state but lived in the U.K. for 20 years) and have no family ties to Britain any more, and trying to get another copy of my U.K. police record would be a logistical pain to put it mildly.

Any thoughts and advice gratefully received...