N-400 application Registered to vote

bong

Hello folks. I became a permanent resident in Texas since september 2008 thru my parents. I arrived here in the US when i was 16 years old and now im 22, im still a student i only have a year left to finish my degree .

My Story: Me and my family are going to apply for naturalization, but the thing is i registered to vote back in March 2010 at my community college i was 18 at the time. I was approached by a group of people asking me to register to vote. My instructor was there and he's really big when it comes into voting so he told me and my classmates that if we'd register to vote he would give us extra credit in class. So i asked those people who were in charge that if it was Ok to register with a greencard(eager to get that extra credit and me having the lack of knowledge of the law) . They said YES its totally fine and that all they need is my drivers license. So i went ahead and filled the application.

I only remembered it right now when i read thru the application if i ever registered to vote. But i never voted. I checked online with my DL number and my name popped up and voter status say:"suspense".

Can anyone please help me or give me an advice before i fill and submit my n400 form? My record is very clean and i havent gotten a single ticket for the past 6 years. Im getting worried and i cant concentrate on my studies because of that stupid mistake that i did 4 and ahalf years ago.

What do you guys suggest i do? Im still young going to school and i dont want to get deported. All my family is here in the US.

Last edited: