N-400 application and pretty long absences

bennydepp

Hello guys,

I am writing from Russia, my home country. I have been LPR since 2007. I have broken my eligibility for citizenship by being outside of the country long in 2011-2012. Since the year of 2012 my travel history looks like this:

- arrived in April 2012 (gone for almost 2 years with REP)
- August - September 2012 gone for 1 month
- 2013 took 1 trip, gone for 4 months
- 2014 took 2 trips total length together was 5 months
- 2015 only one trip that is happening right now (gone for 2 months and counting)

I am worried about the naturalization process, because I took a lot of trips indeed. If I apply in April 2016, under the 4yr + 1 day rule, I will have accrued approximately 34 months of physical presence with no trips longer than 6 months since I got back from the looooong trip in 2012.

I am single and my family, siblings all live in Russia. I keep my US bank accounts active. I also keep on working for my US employer on part-time basis. I do not own a car, nor I do have any house in the U.S. right now.

My plan

My plan is to get back on a plane to the U.S. next month. Reunite with my friends, sign a year lease for a new apartment, wait around until the April 2016 to apply for the citizenship.

After the citizenship, I may as well return to Russia to take care of my family before I go back to the U.S. again.

Question:

Given my circumstances, am I likely to be granted the citizenship? Is there anything that screams a problem?

Any feedback is very welcome!

It could work, but I suggest you don't tell the interviewer that you intend to leave the US after naturalisation.

Thank you guys!

cafeconleche: I will make sure I won't volunteer such information. Due to finances I had to liquidate some of my assets like house and car, so hopefully that will not be brought up against me. As I said my only physical address in the US for the past 3 months is a rented PO Box. But I try to maintain DL, accounts, job and etc.

I want US passport to live in the States for sure. Just now I anticipate I will have to leave for a couple of years right after my application is done.

One more question I have. Is it a problem to leave the U.S. during the application process itself? Say, a few trips, each a week or two long.