N-400 A decision cannot be made yet about your application

leawe

Hi Everyone, I've wrote a post previously about my intention to apply for a citizenship. I've obtained my green card by DV lottery program on Jun-2017, I 've applied for Re-Entry permit on Nov-2017 and I had it on Feb-2018 during then I stayed out the US for 11 month continuously until I came back for good on July-2019.

On April-1st of this year I filled the N400 application and submitted, and today was the interview. I passed the English exam and all good, but there was a mark on "A decision cannot be made yet about your application".

I've received a letter after the interviw on my USCIS "Request for Evidence" :

Submit evidence that you did not abandon your residence. Records show that you have taken a trip outside of the U.S. that lasted six months or more since becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident. In your interview on July 24th, 2023, you stated on your application that you were gone from August 3rd 2018 through July 3rd 2019 due to work. To further proceed with your case, we will need proof that you did not abandon your residence during that time. Please follow the instructions below.
-You may submit documentation which includes, but is not limited to, evidence that during your absence:
-You did not terminate your employment in the U.S.;
-Your immediate family remained in the U.S.;
-You retained full access to your U.S. place of residence;
-You did not obtain employment abroad.
-An IRS tax return transcript or an IRS-certified tax return listing tax information relevant to your absence for the last 5 years (or 3 years if you are applying on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen);
-Rent or mortgage payments and pay statements;
-Bank, credit card, and loan statements showing regular transactions;
-Proof of car registration and insurance;
-A photocopy of your passport showing entry and exit stamps; or
-Any other document that shows you have not abandoned your residence in the United States.

Before applying I found out on the USCIS that If I had my Green Card for over 5 years but break my continuously residence in the past, I can apply after 4 years and 1 day and that's what applied based on.

So here is the summary:

Received my GC Jun-2017 stayed in US 2 weeks
Nov-2017 came back for 2 month
Aug-2018 came back for a week
July-2019 came for good ( I did short trip for 2 weeks)

My argument is since I came back on July-2019 till now its been over 4 years, doesn't this reflect what's in the USCIS website?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 7.56.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-24 at 7.56.11 PM.png
    949.4 KB · Views: 3