N-14 letter of continuance

yahayajp

Registered Users (C)
Guys. i was giving N14 and ask to bring some documents on a certain date and @8:00am.Even though i did the interview and the IO made me sign the N400,pictures and some other paper with all my infor on it.Now that's it mean i'm going to meet up again with the IO on that day or he just want's to give me my oath letter?.Any inputs/experience?Thanks

Usually it means you just provide the requested documents and wait until they adjudicate your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys. i was giving N14 and ask to bring some documents on a certain date and @8:00am.Even though i did the interview and the IO made me sign the N400,pictures and some other paper with all my infor on it.Now that's it mean i'm going to meet up again with the IO on that day or he just want's to give me my oath letter?.Any inputs/experience?Thanks

What did the N-14 say? Are you sure it is not an N-445?

It says:Reson:: Misssing Evidence
And then states all what he wants me to bring on the date XXXXXXX @8am.

After the interview did they show you a paper saying "i've been recommended for final approval"? I also got N-14 after the interview, but in the mail and it asked to mail back the papers by a specific date. So I did and now I am waiting to hear back.

No.The IO did not show,give or say anything that i've been recommended for approval.He just gave me the N-14

proof that i've been supporting my child back in my home country,tax account transcript and a birth certificate.

proof that i've been supporting my child back in my home country,tax account transcript and a birth certificate.

At the end of the interview, apart from N-14, were you also given the form N-652, Naturalization Interview Results?
If yes, which box was checked there? Was it Box B, "A decision cannot yet be made at this time"?

Dear friends,

I hv the same situation.Just had my interview at Houston on 3/29/2011.
Everything went well but after interview IO gave me N-14 for further evidence ( Copeis of passport) to prove eligibility.

I sent them the next day..and it is a straight foward case--I know for a fact that I am eligible.Question is ..how long it takes to get a reply?

The common answers are :

1.Legally USCIS hv 90 days to reply (uffff....too long...)
2.You can hv a infopass appointment but not before 45 days or so...(again too long)
3. Couldn't find a single reply on the internet who had receved any response after the N-14....very strange ?

So, basically ..just waiting...

Official decision : A decision cannot be made at this point...

Guys, pls keep on posting...this waiting just sucks...

I sent them the next day..and it is a straight foward case--I know for a fact that I am eligible.Question is ..how long it takes to get a reply?

You will not get a reply you want. No one can predict how long it takes.
If you think of it from an office setup perspective, whenever they issue request for evidence, they expect people to take time to collate it. They can't just assume you will respond the next day and they process the day after. This also affects their processes in that they might schedule such reviews when they do not have interviews, and usually they will either have interviews scheduled for the next week or 2; and between gaps the reviews of the documents people sent ... before you. While it is possible that things might start rolling as soon as someone sees your evidence, it is equally likely your documents get put in one queue (IO queue), then another queue (supervisor review) and then another (results dispatch / oath letter dispatch). Each of these can take uncertain amount of time.
So like Bob said, inquire after 30-45 days.

I HV A VRY IMPORTANT QUESTION : If I left USA on 02/03/2009 and came back on 08/01/2009.

How many days I stayed outside?
Did I break my continuous residence?
If USCIS states that I broke my continuous residence, do I hv a case in juducial court?

Appreciate your reply as always.

You do not count days of travel, so you have 25 days in Feb, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31 in July. It comes to 178 by my calculations.
Technically you did not break CR. However, it can be more subjective than that. You are pretty close to the 6 month limit, and your overall pattern of trips will determine if you broke CR.
You have the opportunity to dispute the IOs contention of breaking CR by showing evidence that you maintained residential ties to US (you continued to own or rent a house/apartment, you maintained your health insurance and so on).
After denial, you have a chance to appeal within USCIS itself.
I am sure you can go to court if the appeal is also denied.

Dear Friends,

I hv awesome news!! Today I got my oath letter.The oath is scheduled on 27th April, 2011.
Good luck to eveyone who's waiting !!!!

Dear Friends,

I hv awesome news!! Today I got my oath letter.The oath is scheduled on 27th April, 2011.
Good luck to eveyone who's waiting !!!!

ishoeb:

did you receive you N 14 the same day of your interview? I have a similar situation like you but in my interview April 6th the IO told me I will recieve a letter in 2 weeks tu submit the documents....its almost 3 weeks and I havent recieved anything yet!
anybody else have a similar situation?
pd; congrats for your Oath letter!!!