My wife is pregnant. Doesl it stop the immigration process?

boccs

Registered Users (C)
My wife is a couple of months pregnant. I dont know yet how many months since she hasn' t seen the doctor yet. I will sent my FP next month and hope will receive instruction to perform the medicals. How the pregnancy of my wife will affect the hole process? Can she do the medicals while pregnant?
Any imputs will be appreciated gurus.

YES , she Can do Medical .but It is not Advisble for her. Since they do X-RaY. it will harm to the Baby , since the tissues are growing stage it will harm tho those tissues.but if u r primary applicant u can proceed.she can join later

cheers!!!!!!!!!!

1 Send your and your wife FBI clearence

2. When she visits the your Doctor, she will know about the Due date of they baby

3. If she has to do the Medical for Canada through DMP, let him/her know about her Pregnency, the DMP will advise your wife what to do, they will not take x-ray. X-ray is for TB and they can know through other methods, When husband has no TB it means Wife has no TB, DMP will tell you what to do .

4 Once your wife is pregnent for 2-3 months she should visit your Doctor the doctor will give the delivery date and if your case is supposed to be approved before the delivery of Baby, better to inform the Canadian Counsulate where your file is by writing your file# and inform about Baby
If the Baby is born before you get your Approval, you can add baby to your file by paying application fees for baby and providing the info about baby.

6 If your file is approved before Baby Birth, you still can add Baby to your Landing papers, you should return your Landing paper and inform them about the baby, they will isuuue you know Landing papers for you, your wife + Baby.

7 If your baby is born in US your baby will be allowed to accompany with you to Canada with US passport and you have to Sponser the baby as PR from Canada.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Help is Appreciated !

Dear All,

Hi, It is nice to all of your mails in this forrum which gives a great information. I had applied the canadian PR in Jan 2002 and have got a file no in Feb so far I havent heard anything from them. Can someone be kind enough to give their opinion on the followwing querries??

1) When Can I expect a response??
2) How long does it take after the medicals are done to get Landing papers ?? What is this that I am hearing about 6 months wait???
3) Also I have a new born baby in Oct 2002 ie one month ago. Do I need to inform them about this development?? As the baby is US citizen I guess she dont require Canadian PR since US Citizens can travel and stay in Canada. Am I thinking right???
4) Also I am currently in US and from the time it is taking I dont think I will be able to
stay in US for more than 2 more months. So Can I go back to India?? What do I need to do for that?? Do I need to inform them about my address change?? I have given my brother's address here which is permanent. So is it ok to just keep his address or do I have to transfer my case to India. Is so does it affect the processing time??

Your Views and options to my querries are highly appreciated.

Thanks

1) When Can I expect a response??
** I dont Know
2) How long does it take after the medicals are done to get Landing papers ?? What is this that I am hearing about 6 months wait???
Once your Interview is conductcted or Interview not needed and your Back ground check and medical report is OK and have submitted FBI clearence all fees paid and they let you know that case is approved then expect Landing papers in about 2-3 Months again it depends according to the diffrent Conulates where your file is

3) Also I have a new born baby in Oct 2002 ie one month ago. Do I need to inform them about this development??
**YES, fill up the form for Baby, pay the fees, Attach Photographs , Birth Certificateand write a cover letter and explain every development in detail and update them sending Registred letter

As the baby is US citizen I guess she dont require Canadian PR since US Citizens can travel and stay in Canada. Am I thinking right???

US Citizen can only stay for 6 months as Visitor, having US passport or US citizenship does not give you PR status in Canada, you can apply for the baby now.

4) Also I am currently in US and from the time it is taking I dont think I will be able to
stay in US for more than 2 more months. So Can I go back to India?? What do I need to do for that?? Do I need to inform them about my address change?? I have given my brother's address here which is permanent. So is it ok to just keep his address or do I have to transfer my case to India. Is so does it affect the processing time??

Inform about your Address change 15 days advance when you leave for India, Send the Fax to update new address and also write a registred letter, But you should immidiatly file Baby Papers
If you have given address of Brother in US and this address is permanent it will be OK. Dont tranfer the case to India it will start from the begning.

Problems: If they need your Inter view will you be able to come to US and can get US visa?

Once your PR is approved you have to mail your Passport to Consulate for Stamping, if you are in india how you will manage this becase passport can not be sent out of contury.
Good Luck!!