• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My visa interview location

LAMSA

Dear friends
I am Sudanese one of the winners of Dv.2015 and my case number about AF16***
My question, I would like my visa interview to be in Cairo but I saw the cut-off for Egypt is slow, is my case number will be account with Egypt case numbers or Africa numbers (Sudan).??
If for Africa when the interview will be?

you can do your interview where ever you want, you will be still considered as Sudanese and your country of changeability will still remain Sudan, so don't worry for that,
referring to your CN, most probably you will have your interview by December, in confirmed so you will see you CN current on the November VB who will be published in the beginning of October your second letter will be there by the 15th of the same month ....

Dear friends
I am Sudanese one of the winners of Dv.2015 and my case number about AF16***
My question, I would like my visa interview to be in Cairo but I saw the cut-off for Egypt is slow, is my case number will be account with Egypt case numbers or Africa numbers (Sudan).??
If for Africa when the interview will be?

Your case number will be dependent on African numbers, not Egyptian ones. (The Egyptian cut off will also affect Egyptian applicants no matter where they interview.)

Your case number will be dependent on African numbers, not Egyptian ones. (The Egyptian cut off will also affect Egyptian applicants no matter where they interview.)

Hi SusieQQQ - what so you mean with (The Egyptian cut off will also affect Egyptian applicants no matter where they interview.) ???

so for Egyptians, do you think that the cut-off will be similar to 2014 ? more or less ?

Well, tough question to answer but I think it will be different. The reason: no Nigeria.
  • Nigeria is the biggest country in Africa. One in six Africans is a Nigerian. Other African countries now stand more of a chance in the Lottery.
  • On the other hand, AF's population will be lower so the regional quota will likely decrease and be distributed to the other regions.
  • Nigeria was special which decreased the AF density.
  • Nigeria had a very high fraudulent submission rate which also decreased the AF density
There are factors pushing both ways but I'm going to guess the final CN cutoff will be lower.

Well, tough question to answer but I think it will be different. The reason: no Nigeria.
  • Nigeria is the biggest country in Africa. One in six Africans is a Nigerian. Other African countries now stand more of a chance in the Lottery.
  • On the other hand, AF's population will be lower so the regional quota will likely decrease and be distributed to the other regions.
  • Nigeria was special which decreased the AF density.
  • Nigeria had a very high fraudulent submission rate which also decreased the AF density
There are factors pushing both ways but I'm going to guess the final CN cutoff will be lower.

thanks for your answer...

Last edited: