My second TN visa was cancelled? What now?

erzerz

I was working with company A and got hired by company B.

I got my visa for Company B approved today, but the council also marked my previous company A visa as "CANCELED"

I was supposed to keep working with company A some hours until such visa expires, but now I am not able because that stamp now states "canceled"

1. How much time do I have to be working for company A until it is illegal for me to receive money from them?
2. Can this "cancellation" be corrected after I cross the border again to get my i-94 for the company B?

Thanks !

We discussed this on your other thread. You can only have one TN VISA (for entry), but you can and should have several TN statuses (for work), which would be unaffected by the issuance of a new travel visa and the cancellation of the old travel visa.
1. You should have 2 I-94s. you are not working illegally. But if you had no papers, then you are working illegally f you work for 1 minute, even if you do not get paid.
2. Nothing happens to your old I-94. Just remind them at border that you are still holding Company A I-94, and are asking for a second I-94 for Company B.

Thanks for the reply. One more question.

I'm still waiting for the embassy to return my passport... This time while I'm out of the US, is it legal for me to keep working for company A?

Thanks and sorry to bring all this doubts, it's so confusing :(

You can do what you want if in Mexico, your TN only covers work while physically within US.